Job description / Role
- Operates a water treatment plant or plants and related facilities; makes operating process changes based upon routine tests, gauges, and meter readings; operates water treatment units such as chlorination, clarifiers, secondary setting basins, filters, and sludge disposal.
- Records log sheets, changes charts and recording sheets, inspects motors, bearings, and gear boxes for overheating and proper lubrication; takes temperature of sludge and effluent at various stages; uses meter and gauge readings to determine performance of equipment; performs preventative maintenance and limited repairs.
- Operates and inspects water treatment plants, pumping stations, and related facilities; starts and stops pumps; regulates valves and observes flow dials; reads gauges and records information shown.
- Diagnoses and contacts maintenance personnel for repairs; may assist in disassembling, repairing, and reassembling pumps and equipment as required; maintains and calibrates meters and testing equipment.
- Collects and analyzes samples of water; checks and adjusts chemical feeders in accordance with prescribed standards; backwashes filters periodically.
- Assists in training operator personnel in plant operational and safety procedures.
- Conducts visual inspections of working apparatus and grounds; performs housekeeping duties such as sweeping and mopping floors, washing windows, painting, and light building maintenance.
- Diploma in Science / Equivalent with 8-10 years of expertise in handling operations and maintenance of Waste water treatment plant and RO operations preferably in Carbonated Soft Drinks Bottling Plants.
- Knowledge in MBBR based treatment plants is an added advantage.
About the Company
The Ali Bin Ali Group is a privately owned company with a heritage that dates back to 1945. Our roots began with a vision to provide quality international products and services to the people of Qatar. Today our Group is one of the largest retail and distribution companies in Qatar. We are also proud to say we have a long-standing reputation for building successful partnerships with the world's leading brands across a diverse range of business activities. This success is born out of our unwavering commitment to the long-term development and strategic growth of not just our Group but also that of our partners.
Our knowledge of the market is unrivaled. That is what keeps us ahead in an environment of phenomenal growth in Qatar. The Ali Bin Ali Group has evolved and grown in response to Qatar's diversifying requirements.
As a Group, we thrive on innovation, which is the key to our consistent market share results and achievement awards. The Ali Bin Ali Group operations are currently local but our standards are International. Our partners and competitors credit us with an impeccable reputation and with excellent public and private sector relationships. But from our perspective our most important affirmation comes from customer satisfaction across each of our Group's business divisions.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Trans Skills LLC
Saudi Aramco Total Refining & Petrochemical Company (SATORP)
Ali Bin Ali Group
Petrochem Middle East