Wedding & Event Sales Executive
Job description / Role
The most impressive landmark to grace the Doha skyline, La Cigale Hotel lives up to its reputation and introduces new levels of comfort to hotel and leisure facilities in the city.
What is in it for you?
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies and the opportunity to earn qualifications while you work
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world
- Ability to make a difference in the local community through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
Reporting to the Assistant Director of Group Catering and Events, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- To maintain and grow food & beverage sales from existing client base
- To develop an effective sales strategy to attract new & additional catering sales
- To create and prepare banqueting proposals for potential customers, ensuring that all likely additional costs relating to the event have been assessed accurately and communicated
- Meet and exceed all agreed sales targets set by the Sales Director
- Maintain and accurately keep updated, customer records
- Efficiently respond to all customer enquires in a polite and timely manner
- Work closely and effectively with the team, in order to ensure that all catering contracts are delivered to a high standard
- Create and prepare accurate catering proposals for potential customers, ensuring that the catering offer matches the profile of the event in terms of product selection and budget
- Provide weekly and monthly sales activity reports
- Develop and deliver sales presentations to potential customers
- Produce clear and accurate Event Catering Schedules within set deadlines
- Adopt a clear and strategic approach to catering sales by selling a catering offer that drives up spend per head, while keeping operational costs to a minimum
- Organize and attend client meetings both internally and externally
- Bachelor's or master's degree with a concentration in marketing, promotions, advertising sales, or business administration preferred
- At least one (1) year of industry sales experience
- Familiar with Microsoft Office - Excel, Power Point, Outlook
- Possess good communication, leadership and organizational skills
- Have good command of English language
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.