Job description / Role
Being a Pullman employee means embodying and conveying the brand mind-set through the values of commitment, adaptability and creativity.
What's in it for you?
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates at Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing?
- Actively solicit new business and respond to wedding inquiries in a timely manner, with the intention of confirming profitable wedding group room and event business in order to achieve Quarterly and Annual Sales Goals. Maintain an active follow-up system on all inquiries and sales calls
- Uncover clients' event and guest room needs through a creative approach of selling a vision and experience
- Adheres to all standards, policies, and procedures.
- Negotiate with clients through the use of creative and attractive presentations and event design proposals, to achieve both maximum revenue/profit potential and fulfillment of contractual responsibilities while satisfying client needs
- Coordinate with the Sales Department and Catering to insure proper utilization of guest rooms and function space to yield maximum revenues.
- Conduct property site tours and entertain planners and clients of weddings
- Work directly with clients throughout the duration of the planning process, ensuring all wedding details are planned accordingly
- Act as the liaison for all vendor/supplier related clients' needs, (i.e. Audio Visual, Florists, Entertainment....etc)
- Finalize the requirements of confirmed bookings while maximizing revenue potential through up-selling and ensuring effective communication, both written and in-person with all departments for the success of the event. Ensure accuracy of Banquet Checks and provide bill review on completion of program or event
- Plan and/or attend and/or participate in meetings with hotel staff and clients, including but not exclusive to: Morning Operations Briefing, Morning Special Events Briefing, Resume Meeting, Banquet Event Order Meeting, Monthly Board of Operations, Planning Visits, and Menu Tastings.
- Makes presence known to customer at all times during this process.
- Follows up with customer post-event.
- Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
- Works to continually improve customer service by integrating obtained feedback and personal judgment into action plans.
- Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
- Supervise the execution of wedding events. Review all function space with banquet manager and when necessary head house attendant. Ensure satisfaction of client at the outset of all events
- Facilitates various meetings as he/she perceives necessary (Banquet Event Order meeting, block review, etc).
Your experience and skills include:
- Bachelor's degree and/or Hotel Management degree/diploma and/or equivalent industry experience.
- Minimum 1-2 years experience in Social events/ Wedding representative in hotel industry.
- Must possess computer skills, including, but not limited to, Microsoft Word, Excel. Good knowledge of Opera Sales & Catering & PMS systems in order to be competent in checking bedroom and meeting space availability.
- Excellent customer service skills, superior interpersonal skills, results-oriented and highly self-motivated.
- Able to multi-task, work under pressure and learn new technologies.
- Fluent in English. Arabic is a must.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor.
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.