Job description / Role
JOB TITLE: Welder - MIG / TIG
JOB TYPE: Permanent
REPORTING TO: Operations Manager
To assume the responsibility to engage in all aspects of welding and fabrication activities and processes
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Apply knowledge of welding principles, metallurgical properties, base and welding materials to ensure using appropriate welding filler and techniques for the material and work specifications.
• Ensure that all welding activities are correctly specified and carried out in accordance with the relevant international codes, client specifications and applicable company welding procedures.
• Responsible for the quality of own product and required to inspect completed welded joints for visible defects, bead formation, weld penetration and conformance with layout, blueprint, and work order specifications.
• Coordinate with Welding Inspector to have all finished welding inspected and tested using appropriate non destructive testing Fluoroscopy, X-ray, Auto UT, MPI, stress, pneumatic, service and hydrostatic testing.
• Prepare and rework all defective work using approved and recommend methods and prepare non conformance report with recommend and actual remedial actions taken to achieve required standards.
• Manage workloads and prioritise resources to ensure that all work is completed on time and to the company standards and clients expectation and in compliance with all QHSE policies, practices and procedures.
• Maintain a high standard of personnel / workshop / equipment / machines and tooling cleanliness and ensure that all technical / inspection reports are completed and filed in accordance with company standards.
• Contribute to the continuous improvement of practices/ procedures / productivity / quality and HSE and assist as and when required in the induction, training and personnel development of staff.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Time served in a mechanical / engineering discipline with a minimum qualification of a High School Pass, Training Certificate and relevant Licence/Permits as applicable for the position A coded welder with a diploma or degree in Metallurgy or related subject.
• Must have a proven track record in multi disciplined welding including MIG and TIG and quality control in an internationally recognised engineering manufacturing machine shop.
• Must have strong knowledge of welding codes, techniques and processes and be able to weld a wide range and grade of materials such as carbon and stainless steel, Inconel, Duplex and Super Duplex Stainless with a minimum of 10 years proven experience and computer literate.
• Good English verbal and written communication, interpersonal, organisational and time management skills with a proactive and flexible can do attitude and approach to work.
• Can work under own initiative and have a full working knowledge of welding including cladding activities, procedures, processes, documents, ISO/API standards and be able to read, understand and work off customer engineering and technical drawings on CAD.
• Must be familiar and comfortable working with a range of automatic and semi automatic welding machines and precision measuring/testing equipmentand be able to operate general power and hand tools such as drills, jigsaws, pneumatic clamps, and able to measure out, cut with plasma cutters or torches, punch holes, grind and polish.
• Demonstrate proven ability, knowledge and experience to interact readily across different departments within a multi cultural and multi functional environment and must have a flexible approach to working duties, hours and location.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work of the assigned job holder. However they are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills as all personnel are required to perform other reasonable duties outside of their normal responsibilities in support of the company.
About the Company
Oryx Engineering Solutions is a progressive, modern and newly established integrated engineering services solution provider located in Ras Laffan Industrial City, Qatar to support the rapidly changing, evolving and demanding needs of the Middle East and Africa's energy sectors; oil and gas, power and water, petrochemical, industrial and marine.
Our technical excellence and ability to deliver integrated 360o quality engineering solutions from design, reverse engineering, re-rating and repairs, means we can make your life simpler.