Job description / Role
We are looking to hire Data Analyst for our operations in Qatar.
Location: Doha, Qatar
The Data Analyst help ensure efficiency and cost control by providing the Client Company with detailed interpretation and analysis of geology, Oil and Gas Shows, Drilling parameters, pressure parameters, hydraulics and well cost while drilling of the Client's well.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Understand and monitor all well site operations.
• Reliably inform and advise the Client of well conditions during all drilling related well site operations.
• Ensure that all Mud Logging equipment is functioning properly, and that the Mudlogger performs all necessary maintenance.
• Check and verify sensor/instrument calibrations at the intervals specified in the relevant technical documents.
• Manage the well database; ensure the quality and integrity of the well data.
• Maintain personal knowledge of current techniques for the interpretation of well data.
• As needed, help well site personnel to understand and use the data interpretations provided by Schlumberger.
• Use personal knowledge and well site experience to improve the quality of the Mudlogging service.
• Perform all Geological Monitoring activities like supervise and if necessary help the Mudlogger in the performance of geological monitoring tasks. Design and produce Masterlog , as per Client requests and specifications. Understand and use 'quick-look' analysis of electric (wireline) and MWD logs, as per Client request.
• Perform all gas detection and drilling parameter monitoring like supervise and if necessary, help the Mudlogger in gas detection and drilling parameter monitoring. Design and produce Gaslog , and evaluate quality of reservoirs and source rocks.as per Client requests and specifications.
• Perform all pressure parameter and well control monitoring like confirm or adjust formation fluid pressure estimates (made by Client during the well planning phase) by correlation with values obtained during drilling, confirm or adjust estimates of formation fracture resistance (made by Client during the well planning phase), using values obtained during drilling.
• Help well site personnel determine the mud densities required for primary well control, maintain primary well control by anticipating pressure imbalances, where possible and when necessary, assist well site personnel in determining the best procedure, and the fluid density required, for secondary well control (kick control).
• Perform all well Hyrdaulics activities like monitoring and recording drilling fluid rheology and pumping parameters, daily and when values change. Produce summaries of borehole hydraulics in use (daily and at Client's request), using the appropriate calculation model for well site conditions and optimize hydraulics planning made by Client, to improve rate of penetration during subsequent drilling.
• Perform all well cost control activities like monitoring and recording drilling mechanical parameters, produce summary of drilling cost for each bit run, and as requested by Client, where possible, help Client optimize drilling mechanical parameters to improve rate of Penetration and reduce drilling costs.
• Update all logs, prints and plots requested by Client, daily and as needed.
• Submit daily reports (Geology, Pressures, Hydraulics, Deviation) to the Client Representatives, at the precise time specified by the Client.
• Provide any other reports or documents based on well data, as requested by Client.
• Design and produce composite logs based on Mudlogging, wireline and/or MWD data, when contracted for by Client.
• Prepare a fully documented, accurate and reliable Final Report, as per Client's specifications and formats, for submission to Client within 7 days after the completion of drilling.
Qualifications & Experience
• Post graduate/Masters in Geology, petroleum engineering / engineering or equivalent.
• 5 years of relevant experience as Data Analyst with experience in offshore.
• Must be fluent in English.
• Able to work in Qatar as per the local regulations.
Schlumberger is the world's leading provider of technology for reservoir characterization, drilling, production, and processing to the oil and gas industry. We have more than 20 years of experience in delivering world-class service to our customers through integrated projects. These projects range from basic service coordination through to complete development and abandonment of fields. To meet the growing needs of our business we are encouraging applications from experienced professionals who share our passion for delivering excellence in all aspects of project delivery.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law.
About the Company
Schlumberger is the world's leading provider of technology for reservoir characterization, drilling, production, and processing to the oil and gas industry. Working in more than 85 countries and employing people who represent over 140 nationalities, Schlumberger supplies the industry's most comprehensive range of products and services, from exploration through production and integrated pore-to-pipeline solutions for hydrocarbon recovery that optimize reservoir performance.