Job description / Role
Central Market Manager:
• Manage the operations of the market during operation hours.
• Oversee market site and market day activities, including local food events, cooking demonstrations, special events and market stage entertainment (regular food festivals for local & international products)
• Plan and manage activities for the market – music, food demos, educational events, and community partners.
• Manage all public areas such as: display and sales areas, public storage facilities (i.e. managing all activities associated with cleaning, disinfecting, maintenance, chilling, cooling, etc)
• Supervise the market’s waste management taking into consideration environmental management
• Organize and manage traffic circulation within the site
• Identification of the main hazards and risks where wholesale market management responsibilities may eventually be engaged;
• Maintain positive relationships with all vendors, organize and run vendor meetings, stay current with vendor offerings, and maintain communication with vendors.
• Assist the Owner with researching, application, and administration of grants.
• Make recommendations to Owner with regard to market operation, policies, and regulations.
Ideal candidates must posses experience and/or certificates from organisations such as:
• National Association of Produce Market Manager
• World Union of Wholesale Markets
• California Leafy Green Handler Marketing Agreement
• Department of Food and Agriculture (US/Europe)
About the Company
Engage was formed in 2007 in response to frustrations at the level of service delivery offered by traditional large recruitment agencies working in the construction market. With a belief in providing a truly knowledgeable, precise and quality driven service, Engage strives to offer a recruitment experience to both employers and candidates that is unrivalled in the marketplace.
We provide precision staffing solutions, including contingency and executive search, within the construction and commercial marketplaces. Our enduring relationships with market leading organisations in the region and overseas means we have access to the best candidates and the best vacancies.