Job description / Role
JOB TITLE : Winder - Low Voltage
DEPARTMENT : Electrical Workshop
JOB TYPE : Permanent / Fulltime / Contract
REPORTING TO : Electrical Supervisor
To assume the responsibility to carry out all the activities associated with low voltage electric motor rewinding.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Inspect and check documentation and verify job number matches the allocated motors or components and transfer to the designated work area operating forklifts, overhead cranes and other handling equipment.
• Inspect the insulation and coil design and measure and record all the required dimensional information of the stator such as coil overhang, connection details etc on the appropriate documents.
• Inspect stator after burn off, stripping and cleaning cycle particularly stator lamination for any hot spots, burned areas or fused plates and mark, record and report findings to electrical supervisor.
• Select the appropriate coil wire and insulation materials to cut and install the insulation into stator slots and to make a test coil as per the retained coil sample and OEM specifications and install on the stator to check fit.
• Manufacture all the required coils, install and fit all finishing insulation such as locks, wedges and cut, bend, connect and solder all coil leads in the approved sequence as per OEM specifications.
• Lace the coil tails to form a neat and the compact coil head as per approved OEM specifications and tolerances and connect and solder the lead wires for the terminal box.
• Test the windings for motor house clearances, grounds and short circuits using the appropriate tooling and test equipment to test insulation and resistance in line with ISO and OEM process and procedures.
• Prepare and dip impregnate the rewound and tested stator into the varnish tank and cure in the curing oven in line with ISO and OEM specifications, process and procedures.
• Ensure that all related paperwork, checklists and reports are accurately completed and submitted and comply with all company QHSE, equipment, tooling and housekeeping policies, practices and procedures.
• Contribute to the team ethic and perform other reasonable duties as required in support of the business and maybe required to work off site in support of business activities.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Time served in a mechanical/electrical engineering discipline with a minimum of 5 years experience in an internationally recognised electric motor service/repair company with a full working knowledge of low voltage rewinding equipment, processes, techniques and certificated to operate overhead cranes and forklifts.
English verbal and written communication, interpersonal, organisational and time management skills with a proactive and flexible can do attitude and approach to work, hours and location. Must be able to work and perform under own initiative and have a full working knowledge of electrical workshop procedures and activities. Attentive to detail and have a full understanding of ISO/OEM standards and the ability to read and understand process/procedure documents and technical drawings. Must be familiar in the use of an extensive range of hand tools, precision measuring and testing equipment and in burn off and curing processes. Demonstrate proven ability, knowledge and experience to interact readily across different departments within a multi cultural and multi functional environment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work of the assigned job holder. However they are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills as all personnel are required to perform other reasonable duties outside of their normal responsibilities in support of the company.
About the Company
Oryx Engineering Solutions is a progressive, modern and newly established integrated engineering services solution provider located in Ras Laffan Industrial City, Qatar to support the rapidly changing, evolving and demanding needs of the Middle East and Africa's energy sectors; oil and gas, power and water, petrochemical, industrial and marine.
Our technical excellence and ability to deliver integrated 360o quality engineering solutions from design, reverse engineering, re-rating and repairs, means we can make your life simpler.