Job description / Role
Working capital management in the MENA region is charged with helping our partners to deliver exceptional client service whilst taking care of the firms own cash and liquidity. We are looking for an exceptional business analyst to join this new team to help measure performance and build engagement through data visualisation, providing actionable insights and enabling new perspectives.
This is an opportunity to join a new team and to help formulate the future of working capital management in the MENA region. We are looking for someone who has technical expertise within working capital management and data analysis together with the communication skills to engage stakeholders and the intellectual curiosity to want to find out why things have gone wrong and what we can do about it.
Your key responsibilities
• Developing analytics, KPI tracking, reporting and insights: we will provide leadership teams with the insights they need to know where and when they need to make an intervention. Additionally, we will provide service and sub-service lines and individual partners with the performance insights they need to be effective, building harmonised dashboards that put the information needed into peoples hands when they need it
• Develop and maintain billing and cash targets: we will introduce individual monthly targets to partners and their engagement teams during FY22, and you will be responsible for setting and tracking performance
• Develop predictive analytics and client payment behaviour insights: building on the adage that ‘prevention is better than cure’ we will look to use our data to predict likely areas of opportunity to improve working capital performance by introducing proactive routines triggered by predictive analytics around how we transact, how we bill and how we collect cash
• Develop and maintain AR forecasting and variance analysis routines: building on predictive analytics capabilities we will develop a strong grip and control on billing and collections outcomes, using that to determine short- and medium-term outlooks which we can then leverage for planning and longer-range target setting
Skills and attributes for success
• Data analysis: gathering, cleansing and processing data using MS Excel, PowerBi and other tools to create clear, concise reporting, compelling dashboards and visualisations and actionable insights meaning you will need to understand both how to present data in an engaging and compelling manner
• Presentations to stakeholders: having developed engaging insight and reports you will get the opportunity to present to senior stakeholders and so will need to be comfortable presenting to those audiences and able to influence audiences towards calls to action
• Intellectual curiosity: in an environment of complex processes, complex client organisations, different cultural norms and practices and teams managing multiple priorities all having an impact on the success of working capital management, the dogged determination to explore problems to find out why they occurred and then present the facts towards sustainable solutions is a critical success factor for this team
• Working capital management: a financial background, with high levels of expertise in our internal engagement, billing and collections processes will enable the incumbent to navigate complex situations and develop actionable insights, timely and accurate analysis and efficient performance tracking
• Teaming: working collaboratively with service lines, with Region Finance, with GDS and engagement teams to develop and deploy our billing and cash collection target setting strategy and other routines enabled by your analysis and insights
To qualify you must have
• Graduate or higher degree in finance, business or related field
• 5 + years of finance experience, particularly around working capital
• 3+ years of data analysis experience, with expert levels of MS Excel and PowerBi skills and thorough knowledge of Mercury-related data libraries and accessibility
• Knowledge of our engagement lifecycle with a deep understanding of our billing and cash collection processes
• A proven record of delivering insightful analysis to key stakeholders
• Unparalleled drive to identify root cause issues and support remediation efforts, through a relentless problem-solving ethos
• Experience in developing forecasts and building variance analysis routines around those
Ideally, you will also have
• Expert ability to influence engagement teams, partners and senior leaders
• In-depth understanding of EY's service offerings
• Experience of designing and delivering performance dashboards
What we look for
We are looking for people who can combine great technical skills, with a passion for problem solving and great collaboration, influencing and listening skills. It is important to be able to thrive in an ever changing, diverse, multi-cultural environment where we expect exceptional quality. You must be able to work within a matrixed organization, balancing the needs of multiple stakeholders. You must be able to manage multiple priorities simultaneously, make complex decisions and overcome obstacles autonomously.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. Plus, we offer:
• Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
• Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
• Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
• Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY refers to the global organization, and may refer to one or more, of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. Information about how EY collects and uses personal data and a description of the rights individuals have under data protection legislation are available on our site.
The MENA practice of EY has been operating in the region since 1923. For over 95 years, we have grown to over 7,500 people united across 21 offices and 16 countries, sharing the same values and an unwavering commitment to quality. As an organization, we continue to develop outstanding leaders who deliver exceptional services to our clients and who contribute to our communities. We are proud of our accomplishments over the years, reaffirming our position as the largest and most established professional services organization in the region