Job description / Role
Working capital management in the MENA region is charged with helping our partners to deliver exceptional client service whilst taking care of the firms own cash and liquidity. We are looking for an exceptional process manager to join this new team to help develop and deploy best practice processes and procedures across activities including credit risk monitoring, billing, cash collections, dispute resolution and related controls.
This is an opportunity to join a new team and to help formulate the future of working capital management in the MENA region. We are looking for someone who has technical expertise within working capital management together with the communication skills to engage stakeholders and the intellectual curiosity to want to find out why things have gone wrong and what we can do about it.
Your key responsibilities
• Develop and maintain MENA WCM-related policies & procedures: covering topics such as payment terms, billing standards, managing client payment behavior, cash collection, client payment deferral request and dispute resolution
• Credit risk monitoring: implementing a capability to track client-level payment risks across service lines and geographies to enable us to manage exposure to risk in a coordinated fashion, adopting portfolio-based approaches as appropriate and enabling
• Promoting working capital best practices across the MENA region: for example, attending Gate calls to promote working capital best practices by developing influence in these calls towards ensuring cash flow considerations are given due attention in the pursuit stage with the necessary degree of rigour and follow-up discipline
• Systems and tools deployment: for example, (i) leading on Mercury gCollect deployment in MENA covering configuration, UAT and change management in local teams; (ii) leading on process automation activity across the working capital lifecycle, working with EMEIA automation teams to deliver efficient and effective bot deployment into administrative tasks
• Providing hands on support: working with our local on-the-ground collections experts to facilitate cash collection on behalf of partners managing clients in KSA requiring intensive treatment to remove obstacles to invoice approval, resolve late payment issues and influence decision makers
Skills and attributes for success
• Process management: develop rigourous and robust processes across key working capital-related activities, supporting deployment of those into local and remote teams and then deploying continuous improvement methodologies to ensure those processes and procedures remain fit for purpose in a fast-changing client environment
• Stakeholder influence: having developed process revisions, ideas on how to manage working capital more effectively or requirements for new ways of working, you will get the opportunity to present to senior stakeholders and so will need to be comfortable presenting to those audiences and able to influence audiences towards calls to action
• Intellectual curiosity: in an environment of complex processes, complex client organisations, different cultural norms and practices and teams managing multiple priorities all having an impact on the success of working capital management, the dogged determination to explore problems to find out why they occurred and then develop processes, procedures and controls towards sustainable solutions is a critical success factor for this team
• Working capital management: a financial background, with high levels of expertise in our internal engagement, billing and collections processes will enable the incumbent to navigate complex situations and develop processes, procedures and controls
• Team leadership: with a small number of WCM collections specialists based locally, taking responsibility for day-to-day management, counselling and personal development
To qualify you must have
• Graduate or higher degree in finance, business or related field
• 5 + years of finance experience, with particular emphasis on working capital, credit risk, billing and collections
• 3+ years of process management experience incorporating process design, facilitating best practice communities and process change management
• Knowledge of our engagement lifecycle with a deep understanding of our billing and cash collection processes
• Unparalleled drive to identify root cause issues and support remediation efforts, through a relentless problem-solving ethos
Ideally, you will also have
• Expert ability to influence engagement teams, partners and senior leaders towards accepting harmonised processes and procedures
• In-depth understanding of EY's service offerings
• Experience of deploying new tools and ways of working into remote teams
• Experience of knowledge codification exercises designed to support digitisation of ‘homegrown’ processes
• Experience of continuous improvement methodologies and leveraging them in a dynamic environment
What we look for
We are looking for people who can combine great technical skills, with a passion for problem solving and great collaboration, influencing and listening skills. It is important to be able to thrive in an ever changing, diverse, multi-cultural environment where we expect exceptional quality. You must be able to work within a matrixed organization, balancing the needs of multiple stakeholders. You must be able to manage multiple priorities simultaneously, make complex decisions and overcome obstacles autonomously.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. Plus, we offer:
• Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
• Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
• Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
• Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY refers to the global organization, and may refer to one or more, of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. Information about how EY collects and uses personal data and a description of the rights individuals have under data protection legislation are available on our site.
The MENA practice of EY has been operating in the region since 1923. For over 95 years, we have grown to over 7,500 people united across 21 offices and 16 countries, sharing the same values and an unwavering commitment to quality. As an organization, we continue to develop outstanding leaders who deliver exceptional services to our clients and who contribute to our communities. We are proud of our accomplishments over the years, reaffirming our position as the largest and most established professional services organization in the region