Job description / Role
JOB TITLE: Helper
DEPARTMENT : Workshop
JOB TYPE: Permanent / Fulltime / Contract
REPORTING TO: Supervisors
To assume the responsibility to undertake a wide range of general duties in support of the business activities of Oryx Engineering Solutions and assist skilled employees in performing their daily tasks and duties to maximise productivity.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assist skilled employees in performing their duties by obtaining appropriate materials, consumables and tools from stores and assist in the transfer, loading and positioning of materials and components as directed.
• Performs routine basic machine maintenance lubricating and cleaning, removing/recycling waste materials and support maintenance staff during planned preventative maintenance programmes and shutdowns.
• Operate under close supervision a range of hand and power tools to assist skilled employees in cleaning/ preparing/disassembling /assembling as instructed components and products for further processing.
• Perform various physical activities such as general housekeeping duties to keep all areas clean and tidy and material handling duties by assisting in sorting, identifying, tagging and storing parts and components.
• Assist skilled employees in performing their duties in dimensional inspections and measurements and with installing, aligning and securing tooling, attachments and parts on machines as directed.
• Responsible for the upkeep and cleaning of all workshop consumable bins and for maintaining stock levels by replenishing all workshop consumables, oils, coolants, cleaning materials and chemicals.
• Support the supply chain function by assisting in the unloading/loading of materials, parts and components and preparing, packaging and palletising parts and components ready for despatch.
• Comply with all company QHSE policies, practices and procedures to maintain a safe working environment.
• Contribute to the team ethic and perform all other reasonable duties as required in support of the business and maybe required to work offsite in support of business activities.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Physically fit and able carry out a wide range of strenuous physical activities such as lifting and carrying and able to work under close supervision. Minimum of three years working experience in a similar role and preferably within a fast paced internationally recognised mechanical/electrical engineering service/ repair machine-shop or similar industrial environment. Ideally already familiar in the use of a wide range of hand and power tools and in manual and mechanical material handling techniques.
Good understanding of English verbal and written communication, interpersonal, organisational and time management skills with a proactive and flexible can do attitude and approach to work. Must be open and willing to be developed and to learn new skills, experiences and knowledge and have a flexible approach to working duties, hours and location.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work of the assigned job holder. However they are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills as all personnel are required to perform other reasonable duties outside of their normal responsibilities in support of the companies.
About the Company
Oryx Engineering Solutions is a progressive, modern and newly established integrated engineering services solution provider located in Ras Laffan Industrial City, Qatar to support the rapidly changing, evolving and demanding needs of the Middle East and Africa's energy sectors; oil and gas, power and water, petrochemical, industrial and marine.
Our technical excellence and ability to deliver integrated 360o quality engineering solutions from design, reverse engineering, re-rating and repairs, means we can make your life simpler.