Workshop Manager - Oil & Gas
Job description / Role
• The candidate must be a Mechanical Engineer having good experience in managing a fabrication shop for the oil and Gas Installations ( minimum 12 to 15 years relevant experience).
• The candidate is to manage the fabrication shop facility and supervise the work shop work force. Material planning, and scheduling is one of the core competency that the candidate must possess.
• He must be having excellent work experience in mechanical fabrication, welding, Inspections , coating and painting and other fabrication related activities. The familiarity with Oil and gas installations and practices is an advantage.
• The candidate must have the capability to plan, schedule and arrange NDT inspections during fabrication work.
• The work shop manager must have familiarity with shop drawings and must be able to supervise the preparation of such drawings in house.
• The candidate is expected to have familiarity with CAD and must have good experience in preparing the preliminary shop drawings.
• It is expected that the candidate is well aware of international standards such as ASTM/ASME /BS etc.
• Ability to prioritize tasks is highly sought and the candidate must be a team player who can plan the resources in an optimum way.
• The candidate is expected to have good familiarity with mechanical fabrication machines and consumables .
• Familiarity with Quality control measures applied to fabrication activities is necessary.
• The work shop manager must have compliance to put applicable HSE practice in the work shop and is expected to manage and supervise the work in a safe manner.
• Good Experience in the fabrication of Piping spools , Tie ins and static equipment’s is highly sought.
• Experience in pressure tests, NDT and other routine inspections applicable for the fabrication.
• Experience in estimating the Bulk material and consumables required for the fabrication is a mandatory requirement.
• Mechanical Engineering background with minimum 12 plus years experience in Oil & Gas
• A team player with good personality and good communication skills.
• Preference for locally available candidates with transferable residence permit
About the Company
Tadmur Holding W.L.L. is one of Qatar’s leading business conglomerates, owning and operating a number of multi-disciplinary subsidiaries across the country. Since inception in 1985, our companies have catered to various business sectors through a wide range of products, services and solutions.