Job description / Role
• Administers routine and preventive maintenance programs.
• Oversees building and grounds maintenance.
• Inspects current projects for proper use of personnel, equipment and materials, traffic control and quality of work completed.
• Makes recommendations concerning maintenance contracts, service agreements and project procedures.
• Meets with the public to discuss complaints and coordinates proposals with other governmental officials.
• Oversees district equipment operations and heavy equipment pool.
• Oversees district radio operations.
• Oversees emergency operations and coordinates with the State Emergency Management Operations Center.
• Oversees vegetation management.
• Oversees utility and driveway permit inspection activities.
• Provides technical expertise and coordination for maintenance operations including prioritizing projects, monitoring correspondence and writing memorandums and reports.
• Serves as advisor to maintenance supervisors and district staff.
• Trains other employees in various aspects of maintenance programs.
• Troubleshoots the maintenance program and roadway conditions and performs trend analysis to identify future requirements.
• Attractive Salary Package
• Bachelor's Degree in a related discipline
• 5 years in in transportation maintenance project administration
(Experience can be satisfied by fulltime or prorated part time equivalent)
• Must have three (3) years supervisory/managerial experience. Project leader or lead worker experience may substitute for supervisory/managerial experience.
• Education and experience may be substituted for each other on a year per basis.
• Pavement maintenance
• Highway maintenance concepts, methods, policies and requirements
• Developing and coordinating training programs
• Incident management procedures
• Capabilities and limitations of equipment
• Applicable industry safety standards, guidelines and specification codes
• Budgeting methods and procedures
• Contract development and oversight
• Maintenance contract inspection procedures
• Establishing plans and setting objectives and goals that support overall business strategy/results; anticipating and adjusting for problems/roadblocks
• Supervising technical staff
• Planning, coordinating and handling multiple projects within area of responsibility to meet short and long term deadlines
• Coordinating labor, materials and equipment
• The use of personal computers and applicable programs, applications and systems Licenses and Certifications
• Safety Impact Certificate
• Valid Driver's License
About the Company
Dragon Recruiting is a leading international staffing and recruitment company, head-quartered in London, with further offices all over the globe. Our clients range from numerous well known UK and international businesses. We also represent a wide range of less well known clients - helping them to find staff for their businesses around the world.
As an international recruitment agency, our clients benefit from a vast network of human resource specialists who attract, cultivate and connect organisations to talent in both global and local markets. Our unrivalled
scope of services and global reach allow us to share candidates and roles across borders. With greater coverage and tools, we can ensure our clients and candidates all get the best outcome for their recruitment needs.
With experience of over 3 decades we are recruiting more than 10,000 workers annually to and from the UK, USA and the Middle East and several other Asian countries. We specialize in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.