Job description / Role
Key Account Manager - Russia
To achieve the Company’s commercial objectives in the assigned geographical area/territory from different channels, building effective business relationships, enhancing brand visibility and promoting company’s products and services. To achieve targets, carry marketing campaigns and promotions and increase the market share of the company ensuring productivity is in line with set measures and Company’s adopted policies and procedures.
- Achieves and exceeds the set sales targets in the assigned geographical area/territory; constantly reviews financial data to evaluate performance; identifies shortages, determines root causes, recommends changes to respective Manager and implements corrective measures accordingly.
- Identifies new opportunities to manage/maximize sales adopting different channels such as existing/new travel agencies, corporates and online portals in the assigned area; carries field visits to identify key contacts and decision makers in travel agencies; makes appointments and conducts meetings to educate and influence them promote Air Arabia products and services.
- Develops/maintains effective business relationships with travel agencies, GSAs, government departments, ministries, tourism companies, as well as individual agents and trade companies, to increase distribution, enhance business and grow sales. Builds/maintains rapport with stakeholders and key customers in the respective area with an accurate database.
- Conducts field visits, bench-mark analysis to keep abreast with competitors’ position, market conditions, and customer needs affecting market trends; prepares timely sales performance reports for the respective Manager to agree on necessary action and ensure required load factors.
- Recognizes the unique needs of the assigned territory versus Air Arabia products and services; evaluates flights and fares with Sales Manager/Revenue Management Team, identifies new route opportunities and recommends the same to respective Manager with a proper business case.
- Provides support and necessary guidance/training to sales agents on new products, systems and preferred sales techniques needed to promote Air Arabia in the respective area.
- Collaborates with respective Manager, Marketing & Corporate Communications, to coordinate marketing campaigns and activities such as road-shows, trade presentations, and FAM trips to ensure increased branding visibility. Liaises with the E-Business team to promote online sales and increase ancillary revenue through directed sales activities.
- 1-3 years of related sales experience in assigned area, preferably in Aviation/Airline or tourism industry, experience with low cost airline is a plus.
- Bachelor degree in Management or equivalent.
- Additional qualification in Aviation/IATA/Tourism is a plus.
- Proficient in computer applications and usage of Microsoft word, Advanced Excel and Power Point skills.
- Fluent in English Language.
- Possesses effective persuasive sales and marketing skills and techniques.
About the Company
Air Arabia (PJSC), listed on the Dubai Financial Market, is the Middle East and North Africa's first and leading low-cost carrier flying to over 100 destinations across the world. Air Arabia was the first airline to introduce the low-cost carrier concept in the region and is on a mission to serve all Arab countries and beyond, constantly undergoing aggressive route expansion, taking advantage of its ideally located hubs in the United Arab Emirates, Morocco, Egypt and Jordan. Over the past thirteen years, Air Arabia, through continuous market research and customer feedback, provides a range of value added services to millions of passengers who chose to fly with Air Arabia's fleet of A320 aircraft. The airline commenced operations in October 2003 and achieved financial break-even from its very first year of services and has been profitable ever since.