Job description / Role
Chief Engineer in a 5-Star Private Island Resort in the Caribbean
• Manage day to day operations of electrical, water and workshop departments
• Direct and coordinate installation and repairs of electrical power equipment, electrical controls, pipe work, pumps, desalination plant, waste water treatment plant
• Scheduling of all works
• Ensures that plant and distribution systems operate at maximum efficiency
• Ensures that all utility services are accurately charged for
• Quality control of all work completed by staff and/or subcontracted labour
• Coordinates materials needed for daily work to be completed efficiently
• Requisitions tools, materials and equipment required for daily operations
• Tracking of daily progress of works being undertaken
• Ensure tools and equipment are maintained, signed out and returned to workshop
• Ensure infrastructure is up to date, inspect facilities, and order maintenance and repairs
• Coordinate response teams in event of an unplanned shutdown
• Constant review of systems and processes
• Single/Bachelor status
• 15 years of utilities/engineering experience
• 5 years’ experience in a management position
• Degree or Diploma in Mechanical or Electrical/Power
• Able to work in a remote island environment
• Fluent English, verbal and reading/writing
• Expert in electrical power, power plant, workshop and control technology
• Strong knowledge in water technology, such as pump and pipe installations
• Experience with waste-water treatment system
• Strong leadership, supervisory skills and cross-cultural communicator
• Delegate work accurately and efficiently
• Upskill and motivate local workforce
• Responsible for the electrical, water utility and workshop departments
• Ensure safe, reliable and efficient supply of water and electricity
• Manage upkeep of company fleet of vehicles and equipment.
• Set up new operating/maintenance procedures, improving existing recordkeeping
• Assist with general restructure of the utility departments.
About the Company
For over 15 years Omni International Consultants has supplied high caliber personnel to the global Construction, Aviation, Banking, Logistics, IT, Hospitality, Healthcare, Oil/Gas & Manufacturing sectors.
We specialize in recruiting the highest quality, right-fit professional and have helped many candidates find their ideal opportunity.
Our Head Office is located in Bangkok, Thailand and we have 6 liaison offices located in the UK, Australia, UAE, India (Mumbai & Delhi) and Rayong, Thailand.