Job description / Role
• This position is responsible for driving account revenue, retention and growth within a corporate and government book of business.
• Account Managers will collaborate with internal and external partners, to actively pursue new business within their defined book, and will be accountable for the commercial close of all deals and retention of current revenue with a strong overall expectation of net revenue growth.
• The Account manager will coordinate all sales activities in their accounts to achieve targets; and Build and maintain relationships with new and existing partners while offering solutions that help clients achieve their business goals
• Strong understanding of workflows in Corporate Development & Strategy, Corporate Treasury, Corporate Data Science, Corporate Compliance and similar government workflows that utilize financial and risk information and tools.
• Manage a defined book of business aligned by customer organization type
• Domain expertise in customer business strategies and the technologies and diverse sets of data solutions required to facilitate them
• Creating and maintaining deep customer relationships
• Ability to sell with value creation and insight
• Maintain understanding of Refinitiv propositions to initiate conversations and raise interest
• Demonstrate curiosity about our customers, their business, and Refinitiv and our broad array of solutions
• Secure necessary resources to facilitate the development of deals and identify where those resources are best placed to serve the needs of the customer and improve revenue
• Work with internal and external partners to maintain networks and close deals
• Own and manage account plans within their book
• Shown account management, sales or marketing experience in a customer-facing environment required
• Consistent over-achiever against targets
• At least 5 years of Industry experience within the defined target area in selling financial information/data
• Fast learner / self-starter who can work effectively both individually and as part of a team
• Ability to collaborate with the account team and delegate as the need arises
• Effectively build and articulate value selling in various deal discussions
• Persuasive written and verbal communication skills
• Strong Sales, Presentation and Negotiation Skills
• Experience using a CRM system
• Proven track record to develop and execute a sales plan, and to use a variety of technology with a high level of proficiency
• Problem solving—ability to understand, articulate, structure and solve client needs
• Ability to lead a complex sales process and provide customer support based on the needs of the client
• Understand and keep a pulse on the market: Know the landscapes and trends that may shift strategic directions of accounts
About the Company
Refinitiv is one of the world’s largest providers of financial markets data and infrastructure, serving over 40,000 institutions in approximately 190 countries. We provide leading data and insights, trading platforms, and open data and technology platforms that connect a thriving global financial markets community - driving performance in trading, investment, wealth management, regulatory compliance, market data management, enterprise risk and fighting financial crime. We are new market pioneers with 167 years of confidence. Breaking new barriers. Enabling more responsible, transparent and connected financial markets. We redefine what data can do. Through an open ecosystem, a high-performance culture, analytics, insights and technology.
Be the breakthrough, activate your future and shape ours.