Job description / Role
• Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
• Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
• Highlight financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
• Help Accounting Manager in current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
• Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
• Maintains accounting controls by compliance with company’s policies and procedures.
• Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analysing account information.
• Perform accurate reconciliations monthly for all intra-company accounts
• Follow up Branch Accountants, in completing daily bank reconciliation and ensure reconciling items are resolved within a week.
• Prepare daily cash position.
• Prepare weekly bank reconciliation and ensure reconciling items are resolved within a week.
• Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
• Review and check petty cash reimbursement.
• Conduct monthly petty cash balance reconciliation and confirmation with custodians.
• Prepares payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
• Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
• Record expenses, payroll and other costs into the relevant cost centre.
• Prepare Zakat and tax annual returns working sheets and inquiries requirements
• Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
• Reconcile utility payables.
• Participate in Bank and cash reconciliation.
• Other duties/responsibilities as assigned.
• Bachelor of Sciences in Business Administration - Accounting & Finance , Professional qualification (i.e. part qualified ACCA, ACA, CIMA, CPA or CMA) MBA or Maser Degree is a plus.
• 3 – 7 years of experience in same function with an understanding of bookkeeping procedures and financial statement are required.
About the Company
Nashar Trading Company was established in 1941 by Sheikh Mohammad Ebrahim Nashar as a sole Trading Establishment. Its Commercial Register (97) is evidence that it is one of the oldest trading houses in the Kingdom.
In the beginning it imported commodities such as rice, flour, wheat, sugar, coffee and cardamom. In the late fifties it started importing and selling tinned food products such as tomato paste, milk powder, evaporated milk, cream and ghee.
When the founder passed away in 1971 the company was constituted as a Mixed Liability company under Saudi Companies Law. Since then the company has grown to become one of the leading importing, distribution and meat manufacturing companies, marketing its own brands plus a select portfolio of international brands.