Job description / Role
The Accountant operates within defined parameters, prepares accounts and analysis as required. He/she is mainly responsible for sales invoices, intercompany billing, inventories, assets control, contracts etc, and would typically provide support either to a specific division or specific brands.
- Is responsible for the timely payment of all vendor liabilities
- Calculate the landed costs of purchases and updating inventory
- Maintain the fixed assets register in the accounting system
- Prepare statements and reports of estimated future costs and revenues
- Maintain general and subsidiary ledgers, accounts receivable, accounts payable revenue distribution, depreciation, cost, property, and operating expenses, and insurance records
- Assist in the development and implementation of goals, policies, priorities, and procedures relating to financial management, budget, accounting, and/or payroll.
- Verify correctness of all quotations issued by any team member Cash Handling/Invoicing
- Issue invoices and follow up payable and receivable accounts
- Monitor and periodically summarize all petty cash floats and expenses across the company
- Monitor the cash flow on a daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly basis
- Record supplier invoices in the accounting system Reconciliations (Bank Reconciliations)
- Ensure that all suppliers' accounts are fully reconciled periodically
- Is responsible for the preparation of inter-company reconciliations and the resolution of outstanding items Book keeping
- Maintain and update all accounts
- Maintain the accounting of lease-related activities in the system and work out recharges to vendor Liaising
- Support in cash management, banking, vendor relationships and implementation of the ERP system
- Liaise with HR on the financial and timely payment arrangements for the monthly payroll Banking operations
- Check the accuracy of the Letters of Credit applications
- Liaise with banks to open Letters of Credit Reporting and Analysis
- Assist in preparation of MIS report and accompanying schedules, worksheets and narratives, including Budget vs. Actual variance reports.
- Flexibility to assignments
- Listening, understanding & Responding
- Entrepreneurial Spirit
- Respecting deadlines
- Attention to details
- Overall Contribution
- Quantity of Work
- Quality of Work
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.