Job description / Role
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, our financial operations thrive with the commitment of Colleagues who model our values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment. Showcase your numerical, organizational and service strengths as Financial Accountant, where your attention to detail will ensure accurate accounting and balanced reconciliation.
What is in it for you :
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates at Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
Financial Accountant will support the Accounts department's operation effectively and efficiently, making sure that the department adheres to the Company's standards and regulations. Reporting to Director of Finance & Business Support , responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- To assist with the monthly Forecast preparation.
- To monitor the completion and distribution of daily in-house reports (F&B, Rooms segmentation, Flash, and Labour).
- To reconcile and monitor all balance sheet accounts according to the policy.
- To be responsible for the monthly Journal and closing entries.
- To assist with the preparation of the hotel's Budget.
- To be responsible for month-end deadlines and schedules.
- To be familiar with all Hotel operating systems and software including Financials System, FIDELIO, PMS, Reporting System, EXCEL.
- To administer rental and tenant contracts.
- To monitor front office rebates.
- To prepare daily operational package that is routed to GM and Controller.
- To compile month-end statistical information for financial statements.
- To prepare month-end journal entries, according to the policy and using standard templates.
- To assist in conducting and completing all standard reconciliation templates according to company policy.
- To assist the General Cashier in performing surprise float counts.
- To arrange for stop payments and to monitor bank deposits.
- To ensure that all employees report for duty punctually.
- To maintain good working relations with colleagues and other departments.
Your experience and skills include:
- Accounting designation or enrollment in a recognized Accounting Program.
- Familiarity with Financials System, Lanmark, Fidelio, Reporting System, Micros POS and Excel
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule in order to accomplish all major responsibilities and tasks.
- Must be willing to accept assignments on as need basis, in order to promote teamwork.
- Must have a commitment to follow all local and corporate policies and procedures as they relate to the position.
- Must be self-motivated and possess a high degree of analytical ability and confidentiality, and work in a safe, prudent and organized matter.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your
personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during
your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.