Job description / Role
Line of Service
Job Description & Summary
Business Unit Overview
PwC's Accounting Advisory Services is a group of highly-experienced professionals providing professional advisory services to clients as they work their way through the regulatory and technical aspects of complex situations, from assisting them prepare to raise funds, to the issuance of debt or equity securities and further compliance with the listing obligations. Accounting Advisory also advises our clients navigate complexities associated with accounting change, whether that be relating to new accounting standards, moving from one accounting framework to another, or dealing with transactional related accounting complexity.
About our Accounting Advisory practice
Our team includes accounting specialists with extensive IFRS, IPSAS and other accounting framework capabilities, combined with industry expertise primarily in the financial services, government, energy and telecommunications industries. Our team also has access to the global PwC network which means that we can readily access industry expertise on any type of complex transaction. In addition to technical accounting advisory services, our team assists in the performance of purchase price allocation exercises, goodwill impairment reviews, treasury accounting services and GAAP conversions.
About the Accounting Structuring practice
We advise clients on structures that are designed to reflect the spirit and intent of the applicable financial reporting principles, while at the same time addressing how tax, corporate finance and regulatory concerns impact the transaction, leveraging deep knowledge of stock exchange and regulatory processes. Technical accounting focus areas include financial instruments, business combinations/ purchase price allocations, consolidations, leasing, fair-value assessments, convertible securities, stock-based compensation and revenue recognition.
- You will be required to possess strong project management skills as the delivery role requires client management, project budgeting and finance management, coaching and resource management on a portfolio of clients. A key part of delivery will be the creation, review and delivery of complex client deliverables which will include executive level reporting through to detailed documentation;
- Developing yourself personally, taking a keen interest in trends in accounting matters and the impact on our clients so you can help shape their thinking and our success in the market;
- You will also be required to possess a solid knowledge of IFRS and being able to conduct in depth researches on complex matters, handle technical discussions with global industry experts and apply your critical thinking to provide our clients with high value and technically robust solutions;
- You will be working with colleagues in all Middle Eastern offices on client work and internal initiatives as well as with international teams where appropriate;
- Keeping up to date with current trends from the region and from across the world;
- As a Manager in the team, the role includes wider practice management responsibilities which will include coaching, training and mentoring junior staff, competency development and market eminence activities;
- You will also be expected to build and maintain positive, productive and professional relationships with client personnel and colleagues;
- The role sits within a rapidly growing part of PwC's Accounting Advisory team within our Middle East Assurance practice. You will be an integral part of the team responsible for the delivery of accounting solutions across a range of sectors. You will have access to all of the latest training and development tools and the support of the wider PwC network.
- Experience and technical skills in IFRS 17 accounting requirements, diagnostic assessments and IFRS 17 implementation planning working with systems, process and other experts to deliver projects is highly desirable
- Implementation experience in respect of IFRS 17
- Knowledge in accounting and financial reporting for insurance companies
- Exposure to life and / or non life insurance companies
- The candidate will be achievement oriented with the ability to be flexible and adaptive on a daily basis. He/she will be able to work independently and as part of a team with a fast pace and a high energy that will translate into a high quality output;
- Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent in business studies, accounting or finance;
- Mandatory qualifications: The following qualification(s) are mandatory for the candidate to perform the role: ACA, ACCA, CPA;
- Years of Experience: 6-8 years of audit or other relevant experience in a Big 4 firm. Any accounting conversion (IFRS/ IPSAS) experience is beneficial. Similarly, and Middle East accounting or auditing experience is beneficial;
- Excellent organisational skills, having the ability to prioritise work load whilst being resilient and being able to cope well under pressure and meeting tight deadlines;
- Language Skills: Excellent communication skills (verbal and written). Fluent in English is required and multilingual Arabic speaker is highly beneficial;
- In-depth understanding of IFRS and general accounting principles;
- Strong interest and passion for enhancing technical accounting skills;
- Ability and willingness to travel within the Middle East and worldwide where the project dictates.
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.