Accounting Staff Analyst I
Job description / Role
Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world's largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco's value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations' spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom's vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
We are seeking an experienced Accounting Staff Analyst to join the External Reporting Division (ERD) of the Controller's Organization within the Finance, Strategy & Development business line in Saudi Aramco.
ERD is responsible for ensuring Saudi Aramco's compliance with ongoing reporting obligations as mandated by the relevant regulatory agencies that oversee the various stock exchanges on which the company's equity and debt are listed. ERD prepares the Annual Report and Interim Reports (i.e. quarterly and half-yearly) to fulfill these reporting obligations, along with other ad hoc reports for external stakeholders. Topics covered in the Annual and Interim Reports include, but are not limited to, the company's history, market and business overview, business strategy, financial and operational performance, management discussion and analysis and corporate governance reporting.
The successful candidate will be responsible for specific sections of the Annual and Interim Reports, including associated disclosures as per the regulatory requirements. This entails understanding of the disclosure requirements, the company's operations and the company's operational/financial performance, and the ability to communicate these in a clear and concise manner acceptable for public reporting purposes. The candidate will also be required to analyze, challenge and summarize data/information as received from various company organizations, and accordingly, prepare insightful narrative for different sections of the reports.
As such, we are seeking a candidate with a proven track record of producing high quality external reports for large companies, ideally within the Energy sector.
• Understand regulatory disclosure requirements, and be aware of industry best practices
• Analyze financial information and identify key drivers of variances
• Analyze operational/financial/other information received from various company organizations and compare it to the disclosure requirements
• Assess and challenge information received
• Prepare clear and concise written narrative for various sections of the Annual and Interim Reports
• Develop and maintain close relationship with various company organizations
• Quickly establish credibility in the position and effectively interact with organizations within the company, including all levels of senior leadership
• Work under pressure and within tight timescales
• Manage priorities
• Work on other ad hoc projects
• As the successful candidate, you will hold a Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting or Business. Completion of Finance/Accounting professional credential like CMA, CPA, CFA, ACA or ACCA is also preferred. In addition, you will have the following experience and skills:
• At least five years of related public company experience, preferably in the Energy industry. Strong preference will be given to candidates with significant experience in public reporting and disclosures
• Ability to quickly establish credibility in the position and effectively interact with organizations within the company, including all levels of senior leadership
• Excellent written and verbal English communication skills. A strong command of business Arabic is a plus but not necessary
• Ability to work effectively with multidisciplinary teams
• Excellent interpersonal skills
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world's biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs - one of the largest in the world.
About the Company
Saudi Aramco is an integrated global energy enterprise. The company markets and exports crude oil, petroleum products, natural gas liquids and sulfur. It also ships crude oil worldwide through an affiliated company and participates in petroleum refining and marketing activities at home and abroad. Its overseas affiliates are in the United States, Egypt, the Philippines, the Republic of Korea and Japan.
Saudi Aramco's subsidiaries span the globe, with offices in Houston, Washington, New York, London, Leiden, Dubai, Singapore, Beijing, Hong Kong, Tokyo and Seoul.