Job description / Role
Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world's largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco's value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations' spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom's vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
We are currently seeking an experienced qualified accountant to join our Upstream Segment Financial Reporting & Compliance team based in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia.
The successful candidate will be part of the segment level team that handles accounting, compliance (IFRS) and assurance over segment financials reported both internally and externally. It is a critical team within Upstream Finance, responsible for ensuring that segment results are prepared in a timely and world-class manner, as can be expected from the largest company in the world.
You will be accountable for preparation and submission of segment level financial reports, insights and notes to senior management, and ensure robust controls over financial reporting processes.
As you will be over seeing segment level financials and associated processes, you are required to exhibit strong interpersonal skills, as you are dealing with multiple stakeholders, initiate and lead segment wide process improvement opportunities, and promote consistent application of group policy.
The role provides good exposure to senior management as well as the opportunity to get involved in wide ranging financial activities associated with long-term planning, investment decisions, price negotiations and the like.
Therefore, we are not only looking for individuals who can meet our expectations but those individuals who can exceed them.
Overall, this is a fantastic, and high profile, role that will allow the successful applicant market leading career opportunities.
Saudi Aramco is an IFRS (International Financial Reporting Standards) company.
• The successful candidate will perform a broad spectrum of financial accounting activities, ensuring that Upstream's financial accounts are prepared in a timely and world-class manner.
• Participate in the consolidation and reconciliation of financial figures reported to executive management to finalize the business line financial reports at both actual and planning events
• Prepare monthly and quarterly financial statement analytical review at business unit levelEnsure timely and accurate recognition of provisions relating to environmental remediation, legal and asset retirement obligations
• Provide Upstream Finance community advice on technical accounting issues
• Identify and implement preventative and detective controls on key financial processes
• Establish and maintain reconciliation controls on balance sheet accounts
• Maintain Upstream internal reference material related to accounting & compliance
• Implement and oversee transfer pricing and cost allocation policies in the Upstream area
• Coordinate, maintain, and resolve outstanding audit exceptions for both internal and external auditing
• A Bachelor's degree in a Business or Finance discipline.
• Accounting professional designation (ACCA, CPA, CMA, CIMA, CA, or equivalent).12 years of experience in the Finance and reporting related activities. Preferably, 5+ years of this experience will be in the Oil & Gas value chain.
• Previous experience in implementing financial controls.
• Solid understanding of IFRS in relation to Oil & Gas
• Ability to work with incomplete data and drive conclusions and recommendations to senior management
• Working knowledge of SAP Finance Modules.
• In depth knowledge in one or more of the following areas: well accounting, asset accounting, cost reallocations, revenue accounting, transfer pricing, financial consolidation and group reporting requirement
• Strong modelling experience would be considered an asset as it allows you to be active in an even broader suite of responsibilities
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world's biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs - one of the largest in the world.
About the Company
Saudi Aramco is an integrated global energy enterprise. The company markets and exports crude oil, petroleum products, natural gas liquids and sulfur. It also ships crude oil worldwide through an affiliated company and participates in petroleum refining and marketing activities at home and abroad. Its overseas affiliates are in the United States, Egypt, the Philippines, the Republic of Korea and Japan.
Saudi Aramco's subsidiaries span the globe, with offices in Houston, Washington, New York, London, Leiden, Dubai, Singapore, Beijing, Hong Kong, Tokyo and Seoul.