Job description / Role
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, our financial operations thrive with the commitment of Colleagues who model our values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment. Showcase your numerical, organizational and service strengths as Financial Accountant, where your attention to detail will ensure accurate accounting and balanced reconciliation
Located just north of the city, Fairmont Riyadh will be part of a new mixed-use development project comprising the hotel, a convention center and commercial real estate space that will house multinational corporations as well as regional companies. The hotel will feature 287 spacious guestrooms, including Fairmont Gold. Guests will enjoy a selection of dining venues as well as spa and fitness facilities. The convention center comprises 4,000 square meters of meeting and function space.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Financial Accountant will support the Accounts department’s operation effectively and efficiently, making sure that the department adheres to the Company’s standards and regulations. Reporting to Director of Finance & Business Support Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
• To assist with the monthly Forecast preparation.
• To monitor the completion and distribution of daily in-house reports (F&B, Rooms segmentation, Flash, and Labour).
• To reconcile and monitor all balance sheet accounts according to the policy.
• To assist with the preparation of the hotel’s staffing guides.
• To be responsible for the monthly Journal and closing entries.
• To assist with the preparation of the hotel’s Budget.
• To be responsible for month-end deadlines and schedules.
• To be responsible for the training, development, and motivation of accounting staff.
• To be familiar with all Hotel operating systems and software including Financials System, FIDELIO, PMS, Reporting System, EXCEL.
• To help with the administration of gratuities (if required).
• To administer rental and tenant contracts.
• To monitor front office rebates. To prepare daily operational package that is routed to GM and Controller.
• To cross train accounting staff in order to cover the General Cashier and Income Auditor positions.
• To compile month-end statistical information for financial statements.
• To prepare month-end journal entries, according to the policy and using standard templates.
• To assist in conducting and completing all standard reconciliation templates according to company policy.
• To assist the General Cashier in performing surprise float counts.
• To assist in General Cash and Income Audit Functions, as required.
• To arrange for stop payments and to monitor bank deposits.
• To ensure that all employees report for duty punctually.
• To help build an efficient team of employees who are properly trained.
• To maintain good working relations with colleagues and other departments.
• The Accountant must act as the Assistant Controller during his/her absence.
• Accounting designation or enrollment in a recognized Accounting Program.
• Previous hotel accounting experience (Minimum 3 years preferred).
• Excellent written and verbal skills.
• Ability to motivate employees and proven leadership skills.
• Familiarity with Financials System, Lanmark, Fidelio, Reporting System, Micros POS and Excel
• Must be willing to work a flexible schedule in order to accomplish all major responsibilities and tasks.
• Must be willing to accept assignments on as need basis, in order to promote teamwork.
• Must have a commitment to follow all local and corporate policies and procedures as they relate to the position.
• Must be self-motivated and possess a high degree of analytical ability and confidentiality, and work in a safe, prudent and organized matter.
Visa Requirements: To have work permit eligibility to work as per country law.
About the Company
We are thrilled to embark on an exciting new chapter as Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, and our unrivaled collection of iconic hotels including Fairmont San Francisco, Fairmont The Norfolk, Nairobi, Fairmont Banff Springs, London's The Savoy and the Fairmont Peace Hotel in Shanghai, join AccorHotels Group, one of the world's largest global hotel companies. Together, as a global community of hospitality leaders, we remain committed to cultivating a culture in which our colleagues are encouraged to realize their full potential through rewarding experiences and development opportunities. This exciting growth translates into opportunities, not just to better meet the needs of our guests, but opportunities for you to grow your career within our incredible brands around the world!
With our distinctive hotels around the world - and more in development - our global hospitality brand is renowned for its warm, engaging service and unique, culturally rich experiences. Located in some of the world's most unforgettable destinations, Fairmont's unrivalled collection reflects a sense of heritage, sophistication, and social importance. We are also committed to responsible tourism and are an industry leader in sustainable hotel management with our award-winning Green Partnership Program.
We have a 100 year tradition of delivering excellent service in some of the most iconic properties in the world. Our focus on service begins with selecting talented individuals who embody our Brand Promise: Turning moments into memories for our guests