Job description / Role
Our Vision, we make moments
Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts (MH&R) is in the "moments" business. We're intimately involved in important times in our guests lives. And you never know when a moment can be made. A simple smile in the lobby can create the positivity that turns a business trip into a new business celebration. An insider tip on the best way to spend a day can make an entire holiday. A romantic dinner for two can lead to a longer-term partnership.
It doesn't take much to make a moment. Just to be genuine. And human. And warm. And take steps to do the ordinary in an extraordinary way.
We understand that this vision cannot be achieved without great people who create and support work environments designed to produce exceptional results.
- Should have thorough knowledge of purchasing procedures, receiving procedures and accounts payable process.
- Knowledge of Local Market, Accounts Payable, Banking Regulations and internal controls.
- Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems.
- Professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to analyse Accounts Payable data and provide financial reports as per request.
- Highly organised and capable of managing several tasks at one time.
- Working knowledge of modern office methods, procedures, and equipment.
- Proficient knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Maintain courteous and friendly atmosphere and good working relationships with all colleagues.
- Act as a department team member and involve in projecting a good personal, department and company image.
- Maintain a high standard of personal hygiene and appearance at all times.
- Should have a complete understanding of the hotel's employee handbook and adhere to the regulations contained therein.
- Should have a complete understanding of the hotel's policies & procedures and standard operating procedures and polices relating to fire, safety and health.
Key Deliverables and Responsibilities
Planning & Organizing:
- Thinks ahead, developing contingency plans where necessary.
- Manages time and resources effectively.
- Sets and strives to achieve high personal performance standards.
- Plans, organizes and uses a systematic approach to getting things done.
- Priorities actions and manages tasks through to completion.
- Maintain master list of the following:
- Water & Electricity meter numbers for Hotel and Employee Housing to ensure that invoices are paid on monthly basis without failure.
- Telephone lines number for the Hotel and Employees to ensure that invoices are paid on monthly basis without failure.
- Handle all queries from internal & external customers.
- Liaise with Owning Company Auditors.
- Communicates openly and clearly both verbally and in writing.
- Develops positive working relationships at all levels.
- Effectively delegates to get things done.
- To carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- AP Batch update - Daily
- Supplier reconciliation - Monthly
- Employee vacation payments / final settlements / any other direct payments / General Cashier and Purchasing Manager reimbursement claims - 48 hours from the receipt of payment request.
- Complete monthly supplier payment run by agreed upon date every month.
- DEWA / Telephone invoices must be paid before 15th of every month.
- Payment for TECOM fees should be processed by 10th of every month.
- Payments for Entertainers / Professional Commission etc. must be processed by 10th of every month.
- Reconciliation of AP ledger with General Ledger - Daily
- Reconciliation of pre-payment to supplier - monthly
- Reconciliation for alcoholic beverage suppliers must be completed before 15th of every month.
- Ensure that all payments are backed up with original invoices / approved purchase orders and receiving report.
- Ensure that verification of quantity and matching of prices with LPO is done by receiving clerk.
- Verify each payable transaction for the accuracy of accounting nominal code.
- Telephone invoices must be verified with call accounting system to ensure adequate internal controls.
- Unused bank cheques must be kept under lock and key.
- Logbook must be maintained for withdrawing cheques and must be signed by Financial Accountant.
- Ensure that all invoices are stamped with the received date.
- Ensure that all payment vouchers are perforated "Paid" once the payment is processed.
- Maintain up to date filing system for the payment voucher as per bank cheque sequence number.
- Prepare month end journal voucher for any reclassification, accruals etc.
- Pre-payment to supplier account must be continuously followed up to find out the receiving date for the goods.
- Pre-payment to supplier account must be reviewed, reconciled and signed by Financial Controller on or before 5th working day of the months.
- All Balance Sheet accounts related to accounts payable must be reconciled and forwarded on or before 8th working day of the month to Financial Accountant for review.
Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts reserves the right to revise all job descriptions from time to time as business needs demand. Other duties may be assigned as & when necessary. The above-mentioned job description attempts to outline key aspects of the role, however, does not limit its right to assign other duties to an employee in this position. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.