Job description / Role
Accounts Receivable Professional - KSA
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, let’s talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
This specialty covers accounts receivable collections. People in this specialty are responsible to maintain client relationships by supporting the A/R fulfillment process, taking ownership of A/R problem resolution, collecting open receivables, accurately handling processing/transaction requirements, applying effective research techniques, and promoting client satisfaction and sales productivity. Execute defined A/R processes, in line with business controls and business objectives. Reconcile AR files and resolution of disputes.
Responsibilities of the Account Receivable Collector:
• Updating the AR database with customer information
• Collection of accounts receivable for IBM mainline and IGF customers (where IGF AR is routed to CARS)
• Raising CARS Adjustments (as per the common adjustment matrix)
• Forecasting expected cash collect
• Producing arrears letters for designated accounts
• Producing customer statements of account and customer account reconciliations on request
• Providing input to AR / IGF management on whether LPF should be aggressively pursued for any delinquency based on management judgment considering specific criteria and customer specific issues. -Identifying and managing delinquent and distressed accounts
• Interfacing with consolidated statement facility
• Raising adjustments (as per the common adjustment matrix)
• Establishing customer relationships and ensure customer adheres to IBM payment terms
• Maintaining/updating customer information on AR databases
• Contacting all owned customers within 14 days of invoice due date - either by arrears letter, telephone call or personal meeting.
• Forecasting collections/dates for current month/quarter
• Adding/updating action codes in CDMS as appropriate in current country setup
• Maintaining follow-up activities (as per collection plan)
• Recording all customer responses, commitments, queries on AR databases
• Monitoring payments versus commitments
• Copying invoices, statements, customer account reconciliations where appropriate
• Recording disputes in CDMS and identifying owners and notifying them.
• Resolving disputes personally where possible
• Tracking customer reaction (payment/query/no response) to arrears letters
• Providing input to AR/IGF management on whether LPF should be aggressively pursued for any delinquency based on management judgment considering specific criteria and customer specific issues.
• Preparing documentation for agreed pre-legal situations, write-Offs and refunds
• Notifying Risk Management of distressed customer accounts
• Creating a month-start collection forecast and updating it weekly to reflect changes
• Organizing physical cheque collections where appropriate
• Initiating escalation processes where required
• Informing management of any issues impacting prompt collection
• Encouraging customers to use automatic and/or electronic payment methods, such as Direct Debit, Credit Card and e-business applications available on the Web (Statement Online - SOL, Invoice Online - IOL)
About Business Unit
The IBM Finance organization is responsible for driving enterprise performance and transformation. We are the financial stewards of IBM, delivering IBM's financial strategy, developing new business models, and mitigating enterprise risk. Do you have a passion for creating business value? Join our team in accounting, financial planning, pricing, business controls, tax, treasury, business development (acquisitions & divestitures), and global financing.
Your Life at IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• Client Insight & client satisfaction oriented
• Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks and manage multiple priorities
• Ability to respect deadlines
• Good organization and time management skills
• Dedicated and driving to achieve
• Strong ability solving problems and analytical skills
• Good team player and collaborative
• Open minded to new knowledge and activities
• Pro-active thinker (so is taking the lead with solving issues)
• Work accurately
• Quality oriented work approach
• Self-Organized and Autonomous
• Efficiency oriented and committed
Being You at IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Key Job Details
• Country: SA
• State: AR RIYAD
• City: RIYADH
• Category: Supply Chain
• Required Education: Bachelor's Degree
• Position Type: Early Professional
• Employment Type: Full-Time
• Contract Type: Regular
• Req ID: 291172BR
• Location: RIYADH, AR RIYAD SA
About the Company
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region's technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company's history and, today, IBM is much more than a "hardware, software, services" company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Accounts Payable & VAT Accountant
Saudi Networkers Services (SNS Group)
Viva HR Consultants
Sr. Accountant/Assistant Finance Manager
A Leading Packaging Services Company In The UAE