Job description / Role
Acoustics Consultant (KSA)
We are WSP - Join us and make your career future ready!
We are looking for an acoustics consultant to join our ME Acoustic team who is keen to further develop a growing and successful business. The candidate should have a degree in acoustics or a related subject. Experience in acoustic design, particularly architectural, building services and environmental work and a knowledge of current standards and procedures would be an advantage. Experience in architectural software like CAD and Sketchup. Experience with acoustic software would be an advantage. Membership of the Institute of Acoustics or similar professional body is preferred.
The candidate will have the opportunity to work on major sector projects including large infrastructure, hospitality, commercial, industrial, and residential. All deliverables produced shall comply with WSP standards and procedures.
Your new role, what's involved?
* Responsible for basic CAD, BIM and Sketchup design tasks as directed by the Acoustic Engineers.
* Responsible for editing supplied CAD drawings to allow easy import to acoustic noise modelling software. Typically this includes the simplification of site plans and ensuring plans are geo-referenced to the required coordinate system.
* Generate 3D Sketchup models from general arrangement drawings for export to room acoustic software packages.
* Undertake building acoustic calculations for sound insulation, room acoustic and building services calculation
* Providing acoustic inputs to master plans and environmental impact studies
* Utilize acoustic modelling software to aid calculation
* Attend to team and project needs as required, and respond within agreed timeframes.
* Ensure that Health & Safety is embedded into all work practices in line with company policies
* Develop expertise and stay abreast of developments in relevant technical field
* Identify improvements (where possible) to enhance WSP in India ME service to clients
* Excellent oral communication skills in English.
* Excellent English report writing skills
* Willingness to learn
* Ability to work both independently and in a team atmosphere.
* Ability to meet deadlines under pressure.
* Ability to work in a very dynamic and demanding work environment.
* Ability to work independently with minimal oversight.
* Ability to meet deadlines.
* Ability to work on projects with minimal supervision.
* A basic understanding or interest in acoustics
WE'D LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU IF YOU HAVE
* Minimum 2 years of experience working in the acoustic field.
* Knowledge of basic acoustic principles is essential.
* Excellent quantitative and analytical skills, and proven ability to communicate results orally and in writing.
* Bachelor's degree in acoustic or engineering discipline required other advanced degree preferred.
* Membership of the IOA is preferred.
* Knowledge of Odeon/CATT/EASE and CadnaA would be an advantage
* Ability to work as a valued team member with architects, MEP and Structural Engineers.
* Able to determine a client's requirements.
* Able to support other team members.
* Be eager and willing to learn new skills and subjects.
* Be able to efficiently plan, priorities, act, and integrate activities into client and WSP systems, programs, and processes.
* Communicate and work cross-functionally with all levels of management and technical functions.
* Work effectively within a global client organization, be flexible, diplomatic, and entrepreneurial.
What's in it for you?
Apply now and be the future of WSP!
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.