Affiliates Financial Analyst
Job description / Role
Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world's largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco's value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations' spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom's vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
We are seeking a Financial Analyst to join the Affiliates Support Division of the Affiliates Support and Financial Consulting Department (AS&FCD). Finance representatives are periodically selected from our pool of analysts and placed in CFO/Controllership positions with one of the Company's business lines, subsidiaries, global operations, or mega projects.
AS&FCD is a part of the Finance Strategy & Development Business Line in Saudi Aramco and reports to the Controller's organization. AS&FCD is responsible for providing support to senior management and various business lines as it relates to JV matters. This support is provided through management reporting, financial analysis, financial advisory services, and financial reporting.
As a Financial Analyst, you will have an opportunity to further expand professional and interpersonal skills. Potential assignments can be diverse as Saudi Arabia moves forward to meet the country's growing demand for energy and as the Company continues to diversify and expand its global footprint.
You will be expected to arrive with the requisite accounting, financial, and managerial skills to perform the required duties. Upon arrival at Aramco, you will focus on acclimating to the Company's governance, policies, and culture.
You will possess significant relevant experience within one or more industries, and will be considered a subject matter expert for that industry.
You should have demonstrated financial and accounting skills that include the ability to evaluate both industry and individual company information, and comprehend advanced accounting topics and taxation. You must be able to work with minimal supervision and possess good project management skills.
You will be required to perform the following:
- Prepare accounting entries for Affiliates investments.
- Review board materials for Affiliates and prepare commentary and analysis for board members.
- Perform financial analysis on Affiliates and projects.
- Perform financial modeling and business support due diligence.
- Ad hoc support as required.
- Manage the day-to-day accounting function.
- Monitor internal financial controls and resolve deficiencies.
- Monitor for compliance with corporate governance best practices.
- Ensure compliance with Company policies and project documents.
- Work with management on preparation and presentation of financial forecasts.
- Manage the planning & budgeting function.
- Oversee cash management and financing activities.
- Provide joint venture and M&A integration support.
- Brief the controller's organization on operational matters, new projects, and initiatives.
- Support management on complex accounting and finance matters.
- Coordinate other internal finance support as needed to support business initiatives and projects.
- Make presentations to management as needed.
- Use strong management skills towards operational needs.
- Apply your JV accounting skills (equity accounting/consolidation).
- Apply your management accounting.
- Apply analytics.
- Possess the ability to manage competing priorities.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to working in a multi-cultural environment.
- You should have the ability to establish personal credibility with various internal clients and demonstrate excellent interpersonal and engagement skills.
- You must be a team player, be able to plan and coordinate their own workload, and meet deadlines. You will be able to add value by delivering work of the highest quality and be able to proactively overcome issues to ensure delivery.
As the successful candidate, you should hold a Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Finance, as well as any relevant advance professional competencies evidenced by professional certification such as a CPA, CA, or CFA. An MBA or other post graduate degree is desirable.
You will have a minimum of ten years of relevant experience which may include experience in financial reporting, accounting research, international taxation, financial analysis, financial modeling, business development, mergers & acquisitions, corporate governance, internal controls, financing & cash management, and consulting.
Familiarity with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and SAP is desirable. Industry experience in chemicals, power generation, or oil & gas is preferred. Proficiency in oral and written English is required.
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world's biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs - one of the largest in the world.
About the Company
Saudi Aramco is an integrated global energy enterprise. The company markets and exports crude oil, petroleum products, natural gas liquids and sulfur. It also ships crude oil worldwide through an affiliated company and participates in petroleum refining and marketing activities at home and abroad. Its overseas affiliates are in the United States, Egypt, the Philippines, the Republic of Korea and Japan.
Saudi Aramco's subsidiaries span the globe, with offices in Houston, Washington, New York, London, Leiden, Dubai, Singapore, Beijing, Hong Kong, Tokyo and Seoul.