Job description / Role
The position reports directly to the Rotoflow Aftermarket Global Business Manager and is responsible for managing all aftermarket facility operations in the new Dammam Rotoflow Service Center, including direct supervision and development of production employees, and establishing streamlined work processes to ensure the safe, efficient, high quality and timely production of all goods and services.
Primary activities performed in the facility will include repair and spare parts order fulfillment for a broad variety of expansion, compression, and fluid handling equipment used in air separation, hydrocarbon, and petrochemical applications.
The facility is currently under construction and as such, the candidate will work with other stakeholders to hire staff, support fit-out, and ensure operational readiness by the scheduled go-live date. On an ongoing basis, the candidate will collaborate with the Operations Global Functional Owner (GFO) to ensure critical work processes are consistent globally and best practices are share and applied globally.
• Hiring, fit-out, and ensuring operational readiness of new facility, working in collaboration with key stakeholders,
• Ensure a safe work environment by maintaining a high level of facility housekeeping, ensuring safe work procedures are followed, and implementing Air Product’s Basic Safety Process,
• Working in collaboration with the Aftermarket Global Business Manager, Manage all aspects of the service center budget including annual budgeting process and ongoing budget control,
• Work with commercial and other key stakeholders to ensure facility is fully loaded, workload is forecast, and staffing plans are appropriate,
• Provide a positive work environment and create a climate in which people are motivated and productive,
• Plan, assign, and reassign work for all employees to ensure that established order schedules and budgets are met,
• Solve problems by identifying, defining, analyzing and then making sound, timely decisions,
• Ensure that all work is being accomplished per quality control procedures,
• Act as a change-agent by identifying Continuous Improvement opportunities, promoting the benefits of the CI culture and leading CI teams,
• Anticipate, identify and report problems in enough time to allow response by others to meet delivery requirements,
• Demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills; maintain free and open communication,
• Plan and provide personnel training to maintain a knowledgeable, effective and cross-functional workforce; evaluate employee performance to judge skill development needs and foster an environment of continuous learning and development,
• Understand and demonstrate knowledge in reading prints and product designs; provide liaison between shop and design, engineering and project managers to resolve technical problems as necessary,
• Approve time charges; ensure high level of productivity; work collaboratively with Production Planner to assist workload and utilization forecasting.
• Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent technical degree, or 5+ years experience managing an equivalent service center,
• Proven experience of 5 or more years of increasing supervisory responsibility directing a production work force in a similar industry,
• Previous experience with reciprocating and centrifugal pumps, compressors, and expanders,
• Knowledge of manufacturing practices required,
• Knowledge of geometric tolerancing and dimensioning,
• Proficient with PC programs such as Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.,
• SAP or similar MRP knowledge beneficial,
• Excellent attention to detail,
• Strong leadership and motivation abilities coupled with a good mechanical aptitude; strong organizational, planning, interpersonal, communication, and decision-making skills are essential to the position,
• The ability to work collaboratively with the broader aftermarket team to achieve key objectives,
• The ability to understand, implement, and meet schedules prepared by the Production Planner and Project Managers, and seek creative and effective solutions to meet critical customer delivery requirements,
• A strong safety focus, with a full understanding of the applicability of Government EHS regulations and the Company’s Global EHS policies and procedures to the facility and workers,
• Knowledge of quality systems and the requirements of ISO 9001–2015 and how they apply to production processes is beneficial.
About the Company
Air Products touches the lives of consumers around the globe in positive ways every day. With approximately 16,000 employees and operations in 50 countries, we serve customers across a wide range of industries, including refining, chemical, metals, electronics, manufacturing, and food and beverage. We supply a unique portfolio of atmospheric and process gases, equipment and services.
Founded in 1940, Air Products has built a reputation for its innovative culture, operational excellence and commitment to safety and the environment. Our passionate, talented and committed employees from diverse backgrounds are driven by Air Products’ higher purpose to create innovative solutions that benefit the environment, enhance sustainability and address the challenges facing customers, communities and the world.