Aircraft Dispatch Supervisor
Red Sea Global (RSG)
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Job description / Role
• Embed The Red Sea Air Services Company Health and Safety culture.
• Check and evaluate the weather at the departure and arrival site
• Check and evaluate the weather along the flight route.
• Check and evaluate the weather at an alternate airport in the event of an emergency landing before communicating the alternate airport to the PIC.
• Ensure that the mechanical performance of the aircraft allows it to be scheduled for flight.
• The ADS can delay or cancel flights if unsafe conditions threaten the safety of aircraft or passengers.
• Ensure each PIC allocated for a flight carries with him all the regulatory prescribed documents and that they are valid before the release of a flight.
• Ensure each PIC rostered for Operations is within Flight and Duty Limitations.
• Ensure that the PIC is alert and attentive during their duty time.
• Responsible for the oversight of economics, passenger service, and operational control of day-to-day flight operations.
• Responsible for computing the fuel required for the safe completion of a flight according to the type of aircraft (Cessna Caravan 208 Amphibian), flight distance, maintenance limitations, weather conditions, and minimum fuel requirements, prescribed by the General Authority of Civil Aviation of KSA and the Aircraft Manual.
• Responsible for analyzing and evaluating the available meteorological information to identify possible hazards to the safety of flight and select the most desirable and economical route of flight.
• Prepare flight plans containing information such as maximum allowable takeoff and landing weights, weather reports, field conditions, and NOTAMS.
• The ADS shall monitor weather conditions, aircraft position reports, and aeronautical navigation charts to evaluate the progress of the Flight.
• The ADS shall remain in contact with the PIC of the flight he/she is monitoring until the aircraft has reached its destination.
• The ADS shall update the pilot in command of significant changes to weather or flight plan and recommends flight plan alternates.
• The ADS shall ensure that all Aircraft Dispatchers are current with the training and certification required to perform their duties. Ground Operations Department Page 7 of 15
• The ADS shall conduct spot checks during their shift regarding the Emergency Response Plan awareness of their team members.
• The ADS shall conduct pre-shift briefings in which they will ensure adequate handovers are done between duty Aircraft Dispatchers.
• The ADS shall ensure all Flight Dispatchers shall observe the pre-flight, takeoff, en-route, approach, and landing phases of flights at a minimum of once every 12 months.
• The ADS shall ensure that effective work schedules are established for all other team members. ? Train, coach, evaluate, and develop subordinate staff by established procedures.
• Directly supervise ADC staff adherence to the uniform program, general appearance, proper procedures, and all other policies.
• Motivate, engage, and develop an organizational culture that reflects the company`s values, supporting the recruitment, retention, and progression of a high-caliber workforce whilst acting as an Ambassador for The Red Sea Air Services Company in their professionalism and behavior.
• Able to help the team develop and achieve their personal career goals through delegation, empowerment, and coaching, results-focused with the strategic awareness to forecast both in the short and long term.
• Write and update dedicated Operational Control parts of the Ground Operations Manual under the Ground Operations Director’s responsibility and ensure its proper dissemination.
• Any other duties that aim to the achievement of the department objectives within individual competencies.
• Display positive, open, and cooperative behavior to facilitate a good relationship inside and outside the department in order to avoid and help solve conflicts.
• Comply with Company policies, values, and ethics
• Comply with local and national legislation and health & safety standards.
• Report to the hierarchy any hazards, non-compliances, and risks whether to employees or the company
All Aircraft Dispatchers are required to hold:
• Valid aircraft dispatcher certificate issued under GACAR Part 65.
• Valid medical certificate issued under GACAR Part 67 (Class IV or higher)
• Aircraft dispatchers are required to undergo recurrent evaluation of their English language
• proficiency at intervals specified in Appendix A to GACAR Part 61 and obtain a minimum
• Level 4 during their exam at an approved English Language Proficiency Testing Center
• (ELPTC) certificated under Subpart-D of GACAR Part-183
• Bachelor`s Degree
• Minimum 21 years of age.
• Proven 2 years of experience supervising a team in an airport/airline operations center.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in aviation operations.
• Good working knowledge of all Aircraft Dispatch Center functions and the airline industry.
• Licensed to conduct Aircraft Dispatch under GACAR Part 65.
• Excellent command of the English language and Arabic language will be an advantage.
• Computer literate (Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Excellent communication skills.
• Capacity to remain very discreet and ascertain confidentiality while handling a sensitive subject.
• Ability to work under pressure and multitask.
• Excellent customer service skills and a strong work ethic.
• Good level of people and management skills
• Good working knowledge of statutory and procedural obligations of the business including health and safety and security issues.
• A proven ability for problem-solving and decision-making experience
• A good understanding of all regulatory and recommended procedures that relate to the airport environment.
• Must be willing to travel among outstations.
About the Company
Red Sea Global (RSG) has been incorporated as a closed joint stock company, wholly owned by Saudi Arabia’s Public Investment Fund (PIF).
The company has been established to develop and promote a new international luxury tourism destination that will set new standards for sustainable development and bring about the next-generation of luxury travel. The project was announced in July 2017 and is one of the three Giga Projects aimed at diversifying the Saudi economy in keeping with the Kingdom’s 2030 Vision.
The development will offer unprecedented investment options and provide visitors with the opportunity to explore the five untouched treasures of the west coast of Saudi Arabia; the archipelago of over 90 islands with stunning coral reefs, dormant volcanoes and untouched nature reserves.