Job description / Role
Atkins are looking for an Airport Planner with five or more years of experience. This includes individuals who are looking to take a step-up into a mid-level position with the opportunity to grow. The role will suit an ambitious and enthusiastic individual who is looking to progress their career within an exciting and successful consultancy environment. The Atkins Airport team based in the Middle East and is founded on experience and dynamism, armed with a 'can do' attitude and underpinned by exemplary technical, engineering, operational and leadership backgrounds from across the aviation sector.
We are actively seeking candidates to join our growing internationally respected Airport team. We can offer individuals exciting opportunities to work on a wide range of international and GCC based airport projects. We are well established at all major worldwide airports, including Heathrow, Jeddah and Dubai and have a growing portfolio of Middle East commissions.
You will join a group of passionate industry experts within an already well-established team. For those individuals that are capable and motivated, we aim to provide an environment offering opportunities for your development and growth as well as providing you with support in formulating your career ambitions.
Therefore, if you want to be stimulated intellectually, to challenge yourself professionally and be part of a dynamic team, we would like to hear from you.
Whilst working under guidance of our senior colleagues you will undertake a variety of airport-related planning studies and assessments. These may include:
- Development of airport masterplans
- Scoping and undertaking studies on airfield layout, apron configuration and passenger terminal planning and surface access planning
- Data analysis, demand and capacity assessment and interpretation thereof
- Benchmarking to support analysis, modelling and simulation
- Writing of technical reports and presentations
- Attendance and presentation of material at design meetings and all other project related meetings
- Support to the marketing team in business development activities including input to tenders
- A relevant first degree or equivalent qualification with preference for an air transport related post graduate qualification and Professional membership to a relevant body.
- Knowledge and/or experience of airport planning, with understanding of airfield planning, terminal planning, surface access planning, facilities planning and CAA, EASA, ICAO and IATA standards
- Demonstrate an understanding of the key drivers of Airport Planning and Development, including the interactions between aviation and airport operations, people and baggage movement, development, planning and design concept, retail, advertising, and surface access.
- Understanding and experience of recognised software used in airport master planning (e.g. CAST, bespoke tools)
- Excellent numerical skills including experience of using complex spreadsheets and databases
- A high sense of accountability with an ability to work in a fast-paced environment, with a drive to deliver high quality work.
- Ability and motivation to manage own work including inputs from others to time and to budget.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) with the ability to distil and present technical work to non-technical audiences.
- The ability to work with a range of project stakeholders, contractors and clients
Although not essential the following would be an advantage:
- Experience of geometric design using AutoCad.
- Experience in airfield and/or terminal operations
- Language skills
SNC Lavalin's Atkins business is one of the largest multidisciplinary, multi sector engineering design consultancies in the world and is part of the SNC Lavalin Group.
As one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies with a leading track record in the defence sector, Atkins are ideally placed to respond to this market. We have a broad establishment and proud, 50 year history throughout the Middle East region.
We provide a full range of design, engineering and project management services for buildings, transportation and other infrastructure programmes.
Atkins in the Middle East now employs around 2,000 staff serving Gulf clients across all market sectors from offices in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Doha, Dubai, Jeddah, Kuwait City, Manama, Muscat, Riyadh, and Sharjah.
Rewards and Benefits
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- Medical and life insurance cover.
- Company gratuity scheme.
- Discretionary bonus scheme.
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin.
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers' needs, our vision is to:
- focus on quality
- seek world class design and excellence
- strive to add value
- be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).