Job description / Role
Make a difference every day
The Job Opportunity:
The purpose of the Alarm Room Operator is to conduct test and monitor efficiencies for emergency alarms in airport operations centre.
- Man the alarm control room in the fire station on a shift basis and dispatch fire vehicles/ equipment as required to cope with all reported emergencies/ alarms.
- Continuously monitor the incoming signals and information concerning fire, emergency, and tests that originate from the Airport Operations Center, Air traffic Control Tower and the Airport buildings fire alarm and detection systems.
- Maintain a log of all fire / emergency messages, including test exercises.
- Report to supervisors the existence of any weakness in the total alarm / communication system and make recommendations for improvements
What we are looking for in our candidates:
- Experience of working as an alarm room operator for an emergency service
- Basic Computer Skills
- Good English Communication Skills
- Qualified in NFPA 1061 - Telecommunications level I and II
- Qualified in NFPA 472 - HazMat I i.e. Hazardous Materials Awareness
- Hold a clean driving licence
- Fluent in Arabic Language (speaking, writing and reading)
Working with Serco
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has important role to play.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Take pride in what you do
Serco is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities and is committed to ensuring the safety of all of its employees through its Zero Harm initiative.
About the Company
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos.
Serco customers are looking for expertise in managing their people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise economic decision makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver quality services directly to the public.
Serco supplies to governments, government enterprise, agencies and companies who seek a trusted outsourcing partner with a solid track-record of service excellence. Serco people offer operational, logistical and technical expertise in the Transport, Justice and Immigration, Defence, Education and Healthcare industries as well as in the commercial sectors of Facilities Management.
Serco Middle East have been in the Region since 1947, starting out delivering Air Traffic Control Services in Bahrain; a service we are proudly still running today and have expanded to include many other Airports in the region.
We have expanded significantly since that time across the UAE, Saudi Arabia and Qatar. We have been supporting the RTA to operate the Dubai Metro since 2009, are preparing to launch the flagship Saudi Arabia Passenger Rail service from Riyadh to Qassim in 2016. We deliver Facility Management services to both Cleveland Clinic and Healthpoint Hospitals in Abu Dhabi, large-scale medical facilities in Saudi Arabia and a range of educational and commercial properties in the UAE. We also deliver postgraduate education to Officers in the Qatar Armed Forces through the Joaan Bin Jassim Joint Command and Staff College in Doha.
Focusing on our core values, and creating a positive environment for employees to thrive, we look forward to a bright future as we continue to grow with the region.