Job description / Role
Competitive business today is all about making intelligent, informed decisions. As a Transaction Diligence Analyst, you'll help make that happen. That will mean using your unique insight to supply tailored advice to clients from all industries. Working on everything from pre-deal to post-deal, you'll build an incredible base of experience that will set you apart for the rest of your career - all with the support of some of the top colleagues in the business.
With our support, some of our clients have grown to be among the most recognizable, respected brands on the planet. We're currently growing our Transaction Advisory Services team to meet increasing demand. As part of the team, you can expect exposure to a full range of client types and needs, along with formal training to support your personal goals.
Your key responsibilities
- As a member of staff within the Transaction diligence team, you'll participate in due diligence engagements related to transactions involving private equity investor groups and strategic corporate buyers.
- You'll prepare analyses of historical and pro forma financial information to assess trends and fluctuations that may impact cash flow requirements and deal valuation.
- You'll work effectively as a team member by demonstrating your commitment to quality, sharing responsibility, providing support, maintaining communication and updating senior team members on progress.
Skills and attributes for success
- We are looking for individuals who are proactive and can identify risks, issues and opportunities, suggesting simple, effective strategies to drive improvement. Building relationships with colleagues across the business, supporting them and promoting a collaborative culture will also be a key part of this role.
To qualify for the role you must have
- A degree in Mathematics, Business, Finance, Accounting or Economics, with demonstrated aptitude in quantitative and qualitative analysis
- 2+ years of relevant work experience
- A genuine interest in financial strategy and a constantly updating understanding of current trends and issues
- Strong MS office skills, especially when modeling using Excel
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, supported by the confidence to work effectively in a high-energy, fast-moving environment
- The ability to influence colleagues and communicate complex concepts simply and effectively to non-technical audiences
Ideally, you'll also have
- Exposure to discounted cash flow (DCF) valuation methodology
- Strong work initiative and the ability to adapt to new challenges and ideas
- Proficiency in Arabic language skills are highly desirable
What we look for
What's most important is that you're dedicated to supporting your colleagues as part of a high-performing team. You'll need to thrive in picking up new skills and talents as you go, so natural curiosity, a lot of questions and the confidence to speak up when you see something that could be improved are essential. If you've got the right combination of technical knowledge and communication skills, this role is for you. Some travel may be required depending on your specific role and location.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You'll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We'll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We'll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You'll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY refers to the global organization, and may refer to one or more, of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. Information about how EY collects and uses personal data and a description of the rights individuals have under data protection legislation are available on our site.
The MENA practice of EY has been operating in the region since 1923. For over 95 years, we have grown to over 7,500 people united across 21 offices and 16 countries, sharing the same values and an unwavering commitment to quality. As an organization, we continue to develop outstanding leaders who deliver exceptional services to our clients and who contribute to our communities. We are proud of our accomplishments over the years, reaffirming our position as the largest and most established professional services organization in the region