Job description / Role
• To develop the department’s expertise in analytical chemistry, focusing on methods for analysis of additives used in polymers.
• To lead and operate chromatographic techniques in the analytical chemistry labs covering GC-MS, HPLC.
• To contribute chemical analysis skills to projects developing polymer grade and compound formulations, especially those based on LDPE, LLDPE, EVA, PP, and PBT.
• To support customer product and application development projects and assist with product trouble shooting.
• To provide general chemistry and analytical support to the operations of an integrated chemicals and polymers plant.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Establish method SOPs for analytical techniques: GC-MS, HPLC, and GPC.
• Provide hands on expertise in the analytical laboratory.
• Provide analysis support to projects through techniques such as solution viscometry, DSC, DSC, TGA, FTIR, NIR, and UV-Visible spectroscopy, and wet chemical techniques, such as digestion and titration.
• Ensure efficient and accurate analyses.
• Provide analytical chemistry expertise to plant development and trouble-shooting projects.
• Train junior staff in analytical methods.
• Contribute ideas and critique to polymer product and application development projects.
• Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry
• 10 years industrial experience in polymer additives analysis
• Has worked in a commercial polymer analysis laboratory or technical support role
• Has worked in the polymers industry
• ISO 17025 experienced
• Knowledge of polymer additives such as antioxidants, antiblock, slip, antistats, UV stabilizer, fillers, pigments, blowing agents, dies, etc.
About the Company
Saudi International Petrochemical Company (Sipchem) is a Saudi joint stock company owned jointly by private sector investors from Saudi Arabia and GCC countries. The company was established on 22/12/1999, with a total capital of SR 500 milion (currently SR 1.5 billion).
Sipchem actively invests in petrochemical and chemical industries, both basic and intermediate to produce chemicals used to manufacture a multitude of products that improve the lives of people worldwide.
Through its affiliates, International Methanol Company (IMC) and Gulf Advanced Chemical Industries Company (GACIC), Sipchem produces one million mtpa of methanol and 75 thousand mtpa of butanediol.
For the attainment of sustainable growth according to a special strategy that links the company's present with its future, Sipchem continuously explores the prospects of development and renovation to facilitate the process of desired growth and expansion. In the second half of 2006, Sipchem started construction of Acetyl Complex which consists of Acetic Acid plant (460 thousand mtpa), Vinyl Acetate Monomer plant (330 thousand mtpa) and Carbon Monoxide plant (345 thousand mtpa). Commercial operation of these plants is scheduled to start in the first quarter of 2009. The launch of these additional facilities demonstrates the company's aggressive expansion program, which aims to make it one of the largest, fully-integrated, petrochemical complexes in the Middle East, owned and operated by the private sector.
In conducting its activities, Sipchem maintains strict adherence to the highest product quality standard without compromising its commitment to the environment and the safety of its employees and the community.
A Leading Group Of Companies In The UAE.
Scientist (Product Testing)
United Arab Emirates University (UAEU)
|Al Ain||24 Feb|
Saudi Aramco Total Refining & Petrochemical Company (SATORP)
Senior Operator IGC