Job description / Role
• Performing the professional duties of a anesthesia consultant in accordance with the delineation of the scope of care and privileges as recommended by the Chief medical Officer and approved by the Credentials Committee.
• To participate in the development of the anesthesia and critical care treatment protocols and guidelines.
• To develop and maintain collaborative relationships with medical colleagues in other specialties and participate in regular clinical meetings and other activities.
• To take responsibility for the professional supervision and development of anaesthesia technicians, doctors within the specialty.
• Monitor patient before, during, and after anesthesia and counteract adverse reactions or complications. Monitor patient conditions during treatments, procedures, or activities.
• Record type and amount of anesthesia and patient condition throughout procedure. Record patient medical histories.
• Provide and maintain life support and airway management and help prepare patients for emergency surgery. Implement advanced life support techniques.
• Administer anesthetic or sedation during medical procedures, using local, intravenous, spinal, or caudal methods. Administer anesthetics or sedatives to control pain.
• To demonstrate a firm involvement in anaesthesia care and performance improvement activities in operating room this will include the development and maintenance of appropriate systems and practices to ensure continued safe clinical practice
• To ensure that practice is up to date; this will necessitate the consultant taking responsibility for their clinical professional development and participating in the canter performance and annual review system.
• To share responsibility for data protection arising out of the use of computers, and to maintain good practice in the handling of confidential information.
• To be accountable for improving and complying with infection control practices.
• Provide medical care and consultation in OR settings, prescribing medication and treatment and referring patients for higher center.
• Assuring performing medical documentation and charting in a legible and professional way and to supervise the documentation of the rest of the team.
• Working closely with colleagues.
• Communicating clearly and effectively with colleagues and patients.
• Working as a member of the team and to share administrative responsibilities.
• Undertaking administrative duties whenever needed associated with the care of his/her patients under the direction of the division head.
• Participating in the provision of a regular teaching for the assistants and technicians attached to the center.
• Supporting the educational and training needs of the nurses, nurse anesthesia, anesthesia technicians and other key non-medical clinical fellow professionals.
• Participating and contributing to the educational activities in the service e.g. clinical review meetings, grand-rounds, journal clubs.etc.
• Having the minimal requirements and knowledge to plan and undergo research.
• Participating actively in all research activities in his/her area of expertise.
• Working to have appropriate scientific publications.
2.4. Contributing to local audits to ensure appropriate up-to-date care is delivered and working constructively to improve the quality of care.
• Participating and contributing to all the quality assurance activities of the service
• Contributing and, where appropriate, taking the lead in the following:
• Mortality and morbidity meetings.
• Development and application of agreed clinical guidelines.
• Patients and family education activities.
• Contributing to the prevention and controlling of infection through standard infection control practices and compliance with TMC infection control polices in order to ensure the highest quality of care to patients.
Continuing Professional Development (CPD):
• Taking advantage of continuing professional developing events taking place both in and out TMC.
• Developing skills and special interests which will enhance the performance of TMC as a whole.
• Graduate of MBBS from SCHS approved Medical School
• Saudi Board certificate or its equivalent in Anesthesia Consultant (e.g. Arab Board, American Board, Canadian Board, RCOG Membership)
• Minimum five years’ experience
About the Company
A Leading Medical Center in Saudi Arabia.