Job description / Role
• Provides anesthesia technician services to patients under the direct supervision of anesthesia Consultant
• Cleans, sterilizes, disinfects, orders/stocks and maintains routine anesthesia equipment and supplies.
• Maintain anesthesia medications, supplies and equipment according to needs and schedules.
• Cleans, organizes and maintains anesthesia workroom, supplies and equipment.
• Prepare and maintain patient monitoring devices and anesthesia delivery systems pre, intra and post anesthesia and with consideration and knowledge of age-specific
• Perform basic troubleshooting for monitors and equipment and reports defective equipment and equipment malfunctions appropriately/immediately.
• Maintain established departmental policies, procedures, quality improvement, safety, environmental and infection control standards.
• Documents and maintains preventative maintenance and quality records.
• Assists with transport of patients and laboratory specimens as necessary.
• Responsible for performing tasks that are within the scope of his/her educational preparation, knowledge.
• Certain units and settings, require special training, skills and proven competency, in addition to the usual skills of the Anesthesia Technician. Only Anesthesia Technicians with documentation of the appropriate skills and certifications assigned to these areas.
• Promotes effective working relationships with anesthesia department staff and works collaboratively with RN circulators, Surgical Technicians, Service Technicians and Equipment Technicians.
• Participate in multidisciplinary rounds/meetings and in-services as needed
Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in Anesthesia Technology
Licensing: Current and valid Registered Nurse license. (MOH /SCFHS)
Basic Life Support, Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support, certification within one year of employment.
Minimum of one (3) year
Maintains strict confidentiality of client information.
Complies with Infection Control, Standards for the healthcare professional.
Able to wear personal protective equipment (e.g., face mask, goggles, latex/non-latex gloves) as needed.
Ability to work effectively within role in dependently and with other team members.
Ability to organize and complete work in a timely manner.
Ability to read, write and effectively communicate in English.
Ability to understand medical/surgical terminology.
About the Company
A Leading Medical Center in Saudi Arabia.