Job description / Role
Our client, a leading healthcare facility in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, is currently looking for Anesthesia Technician. In this role, you will assist the anesthesia care provider with acquiring, preparing and the use of equipment, supplies and medications during the administration of anesthesia. The Anesthesia Technician will also assist with special procedures and provide support in anesthesia for routine and complex surgical cases. The Anesthesia Technician functions under the direct supervision of the licensed anesthesia consultant.
Your responsibilities would include but not limited to:
• Draws blood samples and analyses ABG, TEG, ACT and blood sugar samples.
• Prepares for all anesthesia procedures like blood transfusion, intravascular catheterization, invasive and non-invasive monitoring equipment, general, regional or local anesthesia.
• Performs on-call, late and float shifts assignments
• Assists in patient position for surgical procedures.
• Cleans, sterilizes, disinfects, orders/stocks and maintains routine anesthesia equipment and supplies.
• Maintain anesthesia medications, supplies and equipment according to needs and schedules.
• Cleans, organizes and maintains anesthesia workroom, supplies and equipment.
• Prepare and maintain patient monitoring devices and anesthesia delivery systems pre, intra and post anesthesia and with consideration and knowledge of age-specific issues related to meeting the needs of the various patient groups.
• Perform basic trouble shooting for monitors and equipment and reports defective equipment and equipment malfunctions appropriately/immediately.
• Follows departmental policies, procedures, quality improvement, safety, environmental and infection control standards.
• Documents and maintains preventative maintenance and quality records.
• Assists with transport of patients and laboratory specimens, as necessary.
• Only Anesthesia Technicians with documentation of the appropriate skills and certifications assigned to these areas.
• Ensure operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements following manufacturer's instructions.
• Maintain anesthesia supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies.
• Responsible for cleaning and setting anesthesia machines between cases and at the end of the day.
• Responsible to ensure appropriate anesthesia equipment for cases as directed by Anesthesia Consultant.
• Assure quality of care by adhering to evidence-based practice standards; making or recommending necessary adjustments.
To be considered for this role, you need to meet the following criteria :
• Bachelor's Degree or Diploma of a minimum two (2) years in Anesthesia Program required
• Minimum of 2 years’ post-registration experience as Anesthesia Technician of Technologist required
• Registration with Saudi Commission for Health Specialties.
• Basic Life Support required
• Able to work with Electronic Medical Records (EMR)
• Must be Saudi National
About the Company
Black Pearl is a progressive, dynamic and well structured HR solution provider that offers permanent recruitment services, HR consultancy, psychometric assessments, coaching and also professional training services for clients from different corporate sectors in the Middle East.
Like a rare and unique black pearl, we consider our partnership with our clients and job seekers as a fine, precious and valuable encounter that needs to be affirmed, developed and supported with a strong commitment to deliver not only the right services but the best in the industry.
Our aim is to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients, strategically offering Black Pearl services that are customized to the unique requirements of our clients and job seekers alike, resulting in effectively achieving goals and all that is required in this ever evolving and competitive market.