Job description / Role
As an IBM Application Architect, you directly help clients transform their business and solve complex problems. You will define the scope and vision for projects that deliver customized solutions using your knowledge of IBM platforms. You are a technical leader, serving as a liaison among business partners, technical resources, and project stakeholders.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Understand business drivers and business capabilities and determine corresponding architectural designs and change requirements to drive the organization's targeted business outcomes.
- Manage problem identification, system architecture definition, software specification and design, implementation, testing, customer training, and deployment of open source solutions.
- Review of the architecture of existing systems
- Develop use case models, software architecture documents, design and analysis models, implementation models.
- Contribute to SDLC process and governance procedures associated with ensuring application architecture compliance with corporate architecture guidelines.
- Consult with systems and infrastructure leaders to fit enterprise solutions to existing and new architecture models, and identify when it is necessary to modify projects to accommodate the application architecture
- Work closely with project management office to ensure the execution of plans corresponds with what is been agreed.
- Document all application architecture design and analysis work as artifacts.
- Develop the High-Level Schematic Solution and Integration Architecture (Conceptual, Product Agnostic)
- Review of the SI/Vendors solutions for their alignments with EA principles and E2E architecture (Product Agnostic Assessment)
- Work to harvest best practices and document lessons learned as part of continuous improvement of our offerings.
- Work with the development teams to design scalable, robust systems using cloud architecture.
- Ensure a high degree of availability across all of our service offerings.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum 10 years of experience in complex application design and development and SDLC methodology.
- At least 5 years experience in an application architecture role for public sector companies.
- Experience with standards / APIs, SOAP, Webservices
- A solid background in technical consulting, with demonstrated IT experience in solving enterprise customer problems
- Experience in building cloud applications, application development and micro-services.
- Previous experience with build/deploy technologies and cloud operations with containers and container management technologies.
- Software development background with solid understanding of and experience in open source software, software development life cycle (SDLC), DevOps with Red Hat, CI/CD and build management and agile software development methodologies and frameworks
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life at IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
Being You at IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
About the Company
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region's technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company's history and, today, IBM is much more than a "hardware, software, services" company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
IBM Middle East