Job description / Role
NATURE & SCOPE
Plant Manager is accountable for managing and supervising the operations and maintenance staff which include shift supervisors, operators, and a maintenance team for a facility which houses an Air Separation Plant, Hydrogen Steam Methane Reformer, a CO2 unit,Compression, all anciallry and utility equipment, a merchant facility, and pipeline network. The Plant Manager will manage the day to day operations which include, customer production meetings, insuring daily operational targets are achieved, and interfacing with the Maintenance and Engineering teams to insure the safe and reliable operation of the site.
* Provide & maintain a safe work environment. Demonstrate leadership with all company & industry safe work processes to prevent all injuries.
* Provide direction & guidance based on technical feedback from Engineering and Maintenance for troubleshooting, maintenance, repair, and test activities.
* Provide Operations & Maintenance support & guidance during the commissioning of the plants. Maintain accurate document control and monitor quality assurance initiatives.
* Provide Operations and Maintenance guidance to ensure safety, reliability and maintainability of equipment, processes, utilities, facilities, controls, and safety/security systems.
* Provide Operations and Maintenance input for scheduled outages to insure contractual requirements are achieved
* Manage plant production efficiently based on data driven decisions to insure safety and reliability targets are met to achieve maximum profitable.
* Work closely with business areas to identify productivity expansion projects.
Operations and Maintenance
* Ensure the safety of all operations and maintenance personnel by utilizing the APQ Basic Safety Practice program, which includes Safety Work Permits, LOTO, Confined Space, etc. The position facilitates planning, organizing, auditing, and follow-up, to build the Air Products safety culture into the APQ.
* Ensure all Environmental Regulatory requirements are met.
* Establish the operating and maintenance organizations to support the commissioning activities and ongoing operations.
* Ensure Air Products and APQ standards, and global best practices for EH&S, productivity, reliability, quality, and overall customer services are met
* Meet the customer's satisfaction on safety, reliability, product quality, and flexibility on product supply.
* Build the plant technical capability through support coordination from Air Product's Qudra Regional and Global teams.
* Provide coaching and motivation to the operations and maintenance team to achieve operational excellence and customer satisfaction.
* Develop, train, and promote top performing personnel who achieve success through teams, customer and employee focused, foster open communication, performance driven, and results oriented.
* Establish & maintain close working relationships with engineering and maintenance personnel to continuously monitor & evaluate plant systems & equipment through a Plant Process Advisory Model.
* Provide operations and maintenance support and ensure incident investigations and Root Cause Analysis are conducted with the proper subject matter experts when requreid. Drive the Identified sustainable corrective actions to closure in a timely manner.
* Act as the Single Point of Contact when dealing with internal issues of the facility, representing APQ and coordinating internal resources. Provide timely progress updates to the customer.
* Facilitate attainment of operations excellence and customer satisfaction via operations productivity, reliability, quality, cost reduction, services, continuous improvements, and meeting of budgets..
* Maintain a relationship with the customers' upper level managers on a quarterly basis to insure alignment of expectations for APQ and the customers current and future product demand.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
* Bachelor degree in Chemical, Mechanical, or Process Engineering a minimum.
* 15 years minimum in gas, petrochemical, or related industries in operations, engineering, and/or maintenance function. Air Separation and Steam Methane Reformer Operations Required. CO2 unit operations and maintence along with pipeline managment a plus.
* 8+ years in line supervision of process operations roles.
* Proven coordination experience in a multi team environment which includes: operations, engineering, and maintenance.
* Good leadership, interpersonal and teamwork skills with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively throughout all levels within the organization and externally.
* Promotes a 'one team' environment
* Ability to communicate and manage customer interactions on a daily basis.
* Wide technical knowledge in operations, engineering, and maintenance activities.
* Proficiency in English speaking and writing.
* Knowledge and understanding of local environmental and health and safety requirements.
About the Company
Air Products touches the lives of consumers around the globe in positive ways every day. With approximately 16,000 employees and operations in 50 countries, we serve customers across a wide range of industries, including refining, chemical, metals, electronics, manufacturing, and food and beverage. We supply a unique portfolio of atmospheric and process gases, equipment and services.
Founded in 1940, Air Products has built a reputation for its innovative culture, operational excellence and commitment to safety and the environment. Our passionate, talented and committed employees from diverse backgrounds are driven by Air Products’ higher purpose to create innovative solutions that benefit the environment, enhance sustainability and address the challenges facing customers, communities and the world.
A Leading Group In The Middle East
Prime Co. Middle East
Commissioning & Start Up Manager
|Saudi Arabia||7 Mar|
|Saudi Arabia||5 May|
NGHC Project Manager - OHTL (Overhead Transmission Lines)
|Saudi Arabia||4 Feb|