Job description / Role
- Teaching using the provided lesson plans (may also be asked to develop such plans based on provided pacing charts as relevant and needed) for their subject(s) in order to be able to teach using the SABIS® point system.
- Marking of exams related to their subject matter in accordance with the schedule and material provided by the department.
- Discussing disciplinary and student performance issues with the Academic Quality Controller (AQC) and head of department (HOD) as needed.
- Implementing the SABIS® point system to ensure an environment conducive to learning in the classroom.
- Providing support by invigilating exams as needed in an adequate and properly managed exam environment.
- Providing support for the academically low performing students, to help improve and get motivated to reach their potential.
- Develop and/or follow external exams preparation by going through past papers as planned in the structured revision schedule ( When applicable to specific grade).
- Aiding in duties that may include testing children, substituting for absent teachers , organizing children for lunches and buses, controlling traffic (vehicles and people), and other administrative duties that may be assigned to him/her by the school SABIS® management.
- Preparing and participating in activity plans for all such student life related events such as but not limited to art, open house and physical education in coordination with the student life coordinator.
- Attending training sessions when needed and as per the request of school management in order to enhance their understanding of the SABIS® system improving their performance
- Performing such other related tasks or projects as they arise and as delegated by the school SABIS® management.
- Bachelor degree in a related subject matter and/or equivalent
- MS Office and MS Teams needed components to complete teaching online/ on ground
- Communication and classroom management skills
- Ability to work within a team and good time management
About the Company
SABIS is a global education management organization that is backed by 131 years of success in educating students and preparing them for the future.
The SABIS Network dates back to 1886, when a small school was started in the village of Choueifat, Lebanon. The school survived conflict and wars, prospered, and expanded to become part of a global network known for educational excellence.
Today, the SABIS Network has an active presence in the public and private sectors in 20 countries on five continents.
A team of more than 8,000 employees in the network educates over 70,000 students, helping to prepare them for life and success in a rapidly changing world.