Job description / Role
Our dedicated Project Management Team at RLB are responsible for seeing a project through from the initial planning stages to completion. Their main task is to break down projects into stages, taking responsibility for monitoring and managing the programme, cost, quality and risk of each stage of the project. We pride ourselves on the quality of our service to our clients and enjoy long term relationships with them.
We are a sector focused business actively operating and investing in Commercial, Residential, Education, Data Centre, Mixed Use, Sports and Retail clients and projects. Our Project Managers work in close contact with clients, advising them on financial matters, project risks, procurement and contract matters using our experience to provide an informed opinion.
We are currently recruiting for a hands-on, project management focused Architect / Landscape Architect to advise on a large-scale multiple build project in Riyadh. They will join an existing client focused team and will be able to demonstrate a broad range of project/program experience. The role-holder will be accountable for the post contract design elements of the project which encompasses multi-use buildings and significant landscaping.
• The individual will be located at the client site based office and will lead on their professional area at varying stages of the individual project life cycles, specifically inception & Brief Development, Precontract Cost Planning, Procurement, implementation and Contractual Administration and Cost Control and Final Account agreement for a package led programme of works.
• Commercial guidance and advice to both the Client and RLB’s Project Management team.
• Production of designs and reporting presentations to a high-quality and accuracy.
• Interfacing and key point of contact for architectural design and landscaping with the on-site Client team.
• Oversee projects from inception through to successful completion, managing multiple contractor relationships.
• Attend Client meetings where strong diplomacy skills are essential.
Reporting to: Project Director
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in a similar consultancy or client environment and demonstrate a positive proactive approach to the role and will be committed to delivering customer service excellence, with good commercial results.
• Master’s degree in Architecture
• Further qualification or equivalent experience in Landscape Architecture
• Ability to successfully manage complex projects in a proactive and diligent manner within a highly demanding project.
• Project Management Professional qualification preferred
• A minimum of 10 years’ relevant experience post degree qualification
• Saudi Council of Engineers registered or ability to register
• Client facing, ensuring a high standard of technical delivery with excellent communication skills, with diplomacy and management of client expectations a key driver
• Experience of providing professional advice on multiple build large scale projects across new build, refurbishment and fit out Residential schemes.
• Commercial, Mixed Use, Hotels, Entertainment and Leisure sector experience is also preferable
• Extremely competent and experienced, preferably with Middle East experience
• Well organised, diligent, proactive, assertive, well-disciplined and commercially astute
• Excellent communication and presentation skills both written and verbal
• Excellent customer service, communication and client/external interface skills
• A track record of working with teams and managing projects by prioritizing workloads and delivering to deadlines
• A team player with a ‘can do’ attitude, outgoing, polite, patient, diplomatic, personable and flexible
About the Company
RLB's 35-year presence in the Kingdom continues as we expand our services throughout the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, working on projects in central, eastern and western provinces.
Our extensive expertise covers cost consultancy, project management, facilities management and claims services.
We provide expert management of the relationship between value, time and cost from inception to completion. We do this through our global and local team of experts, who possess a passion for both core services and innovation.
With 4,600 employees worldwide, Rider Levett Bucknall has a truly global reach, and with such scope can offer a local presence to its clients almost without exception. We are committed to our core services and pride ourselves on our dedication to customer care and leading edge service provision.