Job description / Role
About the company:
Our client is a leading industrial supplies company in the Middle East,They supply customers with high-quality engineering products and services for hydraulics, pneumatics, transportation, power transmission and industrial equipment, when and where they need it.
• Manages human, financial and commercial resources to ensure that the branches are supported fully and that the cash revenues of the branches are actively flowing.
• Working closely with the branch managers, he regularly reviews the sales performance within the branch, guides and motivates the teams and other support staff in meeting their objectives & targets, and seeks to retain or improve market share.
Sales and Marketing:
• The Area General Manager keeps close contact with industry, and obtains market intelligence to establish customer needs to assist the sales teams.
• Working closely with the branch managers, he regularly assesses the branch performance across all areas to ensure the achievement and maintenance of standards.
• Personally gets involved with the management of client issues in the territory.
• Liaises with marketing in regards to trade show attendance.
• The Area General Manager, working closely with the branch managers follows customer complaints and comments of customers.
• Accordingly, he ascertains the issues and discusses with branch managers as to rectification practices where required. He ensures strict implementation of standards.
• He investigates all customer complaints to identify the weak areas.
• Should areas be identified, he advises the branch managers who then arrange for the relevant training for their staff.
• The AGM, working with the branch managers identifies the high achievers amongst the staff in the branches.
• He utilises his job knowledge, customer service feedback and knowledge of weak areas within his staff to identify training needs and development plans for his staff.
• He identifies the aptitude, knowledge level, aspirations, strengths and weakness of each member of his staff in his responsible branches.
Facilities & Support:
• The Area General Manager ensures that the facilities, assets and operations inside the branches are maintained to a high standard inclusive of the buildings both interior and exterior.
• He ensures that manpower to support the operation of the branch is available for the branch to support the sales teams.
• He works with head office in ensuring that local legislative requirements are entertained and in place and certifications are up to date to allow for further recruitment if required.
Experience & Skills:
• Should have a greater understanding of the region "western region (Jeddah, Yanbu, Abha, Jizan)"
• Experience in MRO solutions.
• Well versed/background in selling products such as pumps, motors, Industrial hoses, seals, bearings, filtration systems, Hydraulic services, etc.
• Promote tolerance and respect
• Take time to understand others cultural norms, perspectives and rules
• Work effectively across various employed cultures
• Develop and maintain effective internal and external working relationships
About the Company
Propel Consult delivers a service in step with the needs of both our client companies and candidates. Our ability to add value to all levels of recruitment stems from our wholehearted belief in providing a professional service to both parties. We have built relationships with many leading indigenous and mulitnational organisations throughout the Middle East and internationally in countries such as UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt and many more. Concentrating our resources has created 5 distinct specialist divisions:
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resources
- Oil & Gas
- Architecture & Engineering
Vice President - Operations Improvement & Strategy
NSI & Bluefin Talent
|Saudi Arabia||29 Dec|
CSG Global Talent
|Saudi Arabia||23 Jan|
Yousef Abdul Latif Jameel Group (YALJ Group)
|Saudi Arabia||16 Jan|
General Manager - QSR
|Saudi Arabia||9 Feb|