Job description / Role
• Receive work directions and instructions from the Supervisor Inspection and ensure timely and effective implementation of on-stream inspection plans and strategies.
• Coordinate with the Maintenance Team to prioritize static pressure equipment maintenance needs, provide recommendation and guidance on repair methods and tools, follow-up on maintenance progress and work close-out, and prepare reports to the Supervisor Inspection in this regard.
• Ensure all tests and inspections on equipment that has been repaired or modified meets the manufacturers and/or SATORP's specifications and industry (ASME/API/AWS) code requirements.
• Ensure and follow the internal standards and procedures in connection with static pressure equipment, and issue inspection technical reports with recommendations to business team on a regular basis.
• Provide inspection inputs for Operating Integrity windows, and provide loss control recommendations during daily inspection meetings for Performance Key Indicators survey.
• Participate and lead the execution of shutdowns and testing and inspection (T&l) for the area of own and other areas as necessary.
• Conduct first level analysis and evaluation of corrosion and provide technical support to the Corrosion Engineer during turnarounds or daily inspection activities within the designated area of responsibility.
• Enforce all technical recommendations regarding static pressure equipment, and assist, follow and valid pressure tests on equipment undergone major repairs and modifications.
• Write detail inspection finding and recommendation in the Meridian /SAP system and send maintenance and repair notifications to the Maintenance and business Team.
• Interact with Business Team to collect all static pressure equipment related data and information, and develop and maintain a database for inspection data and files within the designated area of responsibility.
• Communicate with Inspection Contractors to coordinate inspection activities and ensure that integrity requirements of static pressure equipment are met by evaluating all result.
• Prepare and issue inspection reports for static pressure equipment and ensure the same is received and reviewed by all concerned.
• Ensure that inspection Contractors services are carried out according to SATORP's requirements, international standard, regulations and specifications.
• Maintain records of static pressure equipment history and ensure that all equipment data are updated and well organized for easy reference.
• Perform other related duties as assigned by the Supervisor Inspection.
• Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
• Must be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of codes such as ASME Section V, Vlll and IX, ASME 831.3, API-510, API-570, API-653 and for applicable SATORP standards
• Five (5) years of related Refining Inspection Experience with valid API certifies in a minimum of one (API 510 or 570)
About the Company
SATORP, in its promising future, is one of the most complex refineries in the world, with a processing capacity of 400,000 barrels per day of Arabian Heavy Crude to produce petroleum products and petrochemicals with commitment to the highest international standards of health, safety and environment; and at the same time having continuous development and leadership in the region. This world-class refinery that came to being out of the expertise of the two oil giants, Saudi Aramco and Total, is located at Jubail Industrial City in the east of Saudi Arabia.