Job description / Role
• Job Title: Area Manager
• Department: Construction Department
• Location: Riyadh
• Reporting to: Construction Manager
• Responsible for: Sector Managers/Deputy Sector Managers
• We are looking for an experienced Area Manager for our important buildings project. The Area Manager will be responsible to provide excellence in leadership and direction for all facets of the location operation under administrative guidelines of the Construction Manager.
• As part of the Senior Construction team, the incumbent also holds the responsibility to assist in the setting, implementing, monitoring, and reporting of all required management reports and KPIs for his Area in accordance to the program’s procedures.
• Lead an experienced team of Sector Managers delivering contract commitments across multiple sites and regions.
• To communicate with the Client continuously regarding Project Progress and areas of concerns.
• Propose Project Management procedures to comply with Contract requirements and Client’s procedures.
• Establish and maintain specific project procedures for Design/Construction Supervision Management (as applicable).
• Prepare special report to Client Management to investigate any problem related to the Scope of Services and recommend solutions to Client Management.
• Attend Executive meetings and progress meetings.
• Monitor performance to assure successful delivery of the Key Performance Indicators and client contractual requirements.
• Advise the Client on any potential variation to the Design/Supervision Consultant and Contractor’s scope of work that may generate cost or time impact and present the Project Management’s assessment.
• Lead the Project Management staff in assessing variations, claims and reports, to Client the technical position of the proposed variation.
• Strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership in the coordination of people and resources.
• Oversee construction project management, quality control, engineering, execution and supervision of subcontractors.
• Specify project objectives and plans including delineation of scope, budgeting, scheduling and setting performance requirements.
• Ensure that detailed records of the progress of the works, the contractor`s construction equipment, labor deployment and material usage on a day-to-day basis is kept.
• Ensure that the inspection test plan & method statements for each and every activity are being followed to achieve the required quality.
• Investigating sites’ conditions and supporting Area Managers to determine any kind of obstacles for the proposed construction during the site taking over by the contractor.
• Advise the Client of any foreseen slippage of Progress and propose corrective actions.
• Review weekly and monthly reports as presented by Area Managers, Site staff, Technical Office,
• Project Control Office and Contractor, and present to the Client comments of non-compliance, and / or area of concern and corrective actions.
• React with the imported site information’s in proper way and further justification
• An engineer holding a university degree in civil or architectural engineering field.
• Project management specialization with experience of not less than (15) years in construction management field.
• Practicing work in locations and supervision on execution of similar projects.
• Very fluent in reading, writing and speaking the Arabic and English languages (mandatory).
About the Company
ITALCONSULT is an Italian engineering consulting company established in Rome in 1957 by the largest industrial groups of that time for giving evidence throughout the world of the Italian know-how and capacity to perform engineering.
From December 2012, the Company has a new share structure formed by Bevilacqua Engineering Group, actively operating in Italy in the sector of public and private transport infrastructure (with construction costs amounting to more than 12 billion US$ in the last ten years) through the Companies SIS S.p.A. Studio di Ingegneria Stradale and A&S, Autostrade e Strade Engineering S.p.A., now merged into ITALCONSULT, and two groups representatives of the Italian excellence in the economic and financial fields: Intesa Sanpaolo S.p.A., one of the biggest Italian bank very active in supporting infrastructure investments and also in foreign activities (countries of Central Eastern Europe, Middle East and Northern Africa), and Tecnoinvestimenti Srl, belonging to the Italian Chambers of Commerce through TECNOHOLDING S.p.A., enjoying their own national and international network able to foster investment initiatives and programmes as well as to activate bilateral technical-commercial agreements.