Job description / Role
Atkins Overseas and Partners are looking to appoint a BIM Coordinator into its Doha team. This role has been created as a result of a need to expand the opportunities of design and supervisory practice and is a great opportunity for a BIM/CAD coordinator wanting to further develop their career within a forward-thinking organization.
As As-Built & BIM/CAD Coordinator you will be working closely with a multidiscipline team of Architects, Technicians and Engineers of all levels to be directly involved in a broad range of projects, supervision consultancy, software support, staff mentoring and training.
As As-Built & BIM/CAD coordinator you will also be required to have experience in either civil engineering, architecture or MEP engineering. You shall have an experience in the preparation of BIM files, model collaboration and help contribute to BIM Execution Plans. The role will support the advancement of our capabilities in clash detection, data management and maintaining project templates and standards.
Close-out / T&C Manager OR Lead Design Manager; Country Director
- Ensuring as-built Model delivery meets CAD/BIM standards, Digital Plan of Work and the requirements for the project BIM Execution plan (for LOD 500 / As-Built)
- Ensuring as-built Model delivery is aligned with the approved shop drawings, authority inspections and stakeholder approved plans.
- Ensuring as-built schedules are in place and securely stored and clash validated.
- Ensuring as-built Model delivery is clash free and correctly represents the completed construction works.
- Technical management of project BIM data sets, including manage and maintain project content and source additional content for project teams.
- Coordination with team leaders and CAD/BIM Managers from other offices and disciplines.
- Collaborating with internal and external clients related to project delivery.
- Monitoring and reporting of resource requirements across the project.
- Mentor and oversee the development of champions and less experienced staff.
- Identify project specific training requirements and knowledge gaps.
- Liaise with Regional BIM Manager and help deliver project training in software and standard procedures as necessary.
- Support technician staff to ensure that they are provided with the information, software, hardware, training and technical support they require to ensure delivery of CAD data to project requirements.
- Liaise with Regional BIM Manager to ensure changes in procedure and standards are effectively communicated to project teams.
- Have a valid BSc and /or MSc degree in either Engineering or Architecture
- Have experience and demonstrate knowledge of close out procedures and as-built documentation collection.
- Have validated experience in Revit or other similar software platforms.
- An excellent working knowledge of Autodesk Revit / BIM 360 Team with proven experience, ideally having worked on major design projects.
- Have a good understanding of BIM and its direction within the industry.
- Complimentary experience of Autodesk AutoCAD and/or MicroStation, AutoCAD Civil 3D and AECOsim
- Experience of advanced level collaboration tools (Navisworks etc).
- Has worked as a BIM Coordinator in the development of coordinated models between disciplines and suppliers.
- Familiar with and able to implement a Common Data Environment and the latest wider industry AEC(UK) BIM/CAD protocols.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Be technically capable of delivering project deliverables in the way an Architectural practice would across a range of project types.
- Able to write/contribute, implement and maintain BIM Execution Plans
- Ability to understand Employer Information Requirements and to implement these into the model templates.
- Experience with parametric modelling software (Dynamo or similar) is desirable but will not hinder suitable applicants.
- Compliance with CAD/BIM standards and Quality Assurance procedures.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers' needs, our vision is to:
- focus on quality
- seek world class design and excellence
- strive to add value
- be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).