Job description / Role
Asset Management Director
Serco is bidding on a key contract in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia for Mashroat - The Institute for Efficiency and Effectiveness in Public Infrastructure Programs across the Saudi Government. This organisation oversees infrastructure projects which are estimated to be worth over $1trillion by 2030. Mashroat has selected Bechtel as their PMO partner and we are now tendering to become the Delivery partner for O&M Excellence.
We are looking for people with deep O&M experience across all areas of the government sector to lead and deliver this 3 year project based in Saudi. This role will report to the Technical Director and will take delivery responsibility for all Asset Management work on the contract as well as ensuring delivery excellence within the team that report to it.
It's an exciting opportunity to work very closely with a multicultural team and client, in a new and challenging environment and gain knowledge of all government sectors for O&M.
The growth opportunity for Serco is twofold. Firstly, this will bring the team inside the organisation, with the ability to shape future O&M strategy with the KSA government, but also will enable us to be well placed to win future O&M delivery contracts in the Kingdom.
Package is negotiable but in line with the Market Norms for Expatriate staff in Saudi, and tax free.
Below is the Job Description for the role. Please review before applying.
Reporting to: Serco Middle East Managing Director of IFS
Division / Function: Serco Middle East/ Integrated Facilities Services
Base location: Riyadh/ KSA
Date: 1st June 2018
The Client has a royal mandate to ensure effective O&M across all government sectors within KSA. The key purpose of the Asset Management Director is to support the delivery of the contract that will provide the Client with a 'World-Class' O&M subject matter expertise resource, both in terms of a blue-print for operational standards, procedures and systems, and the team to support their implementation across KSA government entities.
Reason for role
Serco was established in the Middle East in 1947 and the business has matured rapidly in recent times, growing from Â£46.3mn in 2008 to Â£140mn in 2010 to Â£324.8mn in 2016. Its portfolio includes Light Rail, Air Traffic Control, Integrated Facilities Management and Technology, with Healthcare and Vocational Training as key emerging sectors. Serco runs the iconic world class Dubai Metro and is also responsible for most of the Air Traffic control business across the Middle East, including Dubai Airport. Zayed University and Cleveland Clinic in Abu Dhabi, MELABS and Dubai Airports FM in Dubai and Serco Saudi Services in KSA are key Integrated Services contracts.
In line with the wider group strategy, the contract will be the key catalyst in growing Serco's reputation for O&M excellence in existing and new business sectors across the Kingdom. The Asset Management Director role is to support the delivery of the contractual obligations, by ensuring the development of O&M standards, procedures and systems that are 'World-Class', and assist in their implementation across KSA government Entities
Structure and reporting relationship
An adaptability to complex reporting lines is required for the role. Upper management reporting lines have yet to be finalised, but is likely to include direct & functional reporting to the Serco Contract Lead, the Technical O&M Director
The role has management and functional responsibility for a team established in Riyadh.
Based on the specific requirement of the role
- Successful delivery of departmental contractual obligations, including quality, time and budget based deliverables and KPI's.
- Building long-term relationships with the Client, its partners and KSA government entities.
- Supporting the growth of the Serco reputation for operational excellence within KSA.
- Lead (coordinate, contribute and drive) the execution of contract deliverables across the Asset Management Department, whose responsibilities include:
- Prepare department operating procedure across organization, processes and systems.
- Establish the criteria and recommend procurement of a National Asset Register (NAR).
- Develop a strategy to deploy the NAR across all entities.
- Develop a criteria/methodology for Computer Aided Facility Management (CAFM) system and/ or a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) platform.
- Develop integration plans between NAR and Entities' CAFM/CMMS platforms.
- Support the development of the National O&M Manual, a collection of global best practice technical standards in O&M.
- Work closely with the Client's partner consultancy to develop asset management strategy.
- Assist the Enablement department with implementation and understanding of the standards across government Entities.
- Develop the processes that focus the organization on consistent budgeting and life cycle planning and sustainment, including:
- Utilization of cost indices for "existing as-is" O&M contracts, "regional" O&M contracts and "best in class" O&M contacts.
- Preparation of a Life Cycle Planning procedure that ensures long-term sustainment of assets.
- In support of the life cycle planning, develop a Condition Assessment Process to perform periodic assessments/surveys on the asset condition.
- Assist the Client's Infrastructure Planning Department with 5-year portfolio planning.
This position may be required to carry out other tasks from time to time as directed by the Serco Middle East Leadership team.
Essential technical and professional skills, knowledge and qualifications
Technical and Professional Skills
- Minimum 20 years' experience of major government and /or semi-government international O&M or facility/ asset management programs and projects, including proven excellence in direct project leadership role.
- 5 years minimum experience in managing multi-disciplined O&M functions.
- 5 years expertise in the development and implementation of O&M best practice standards, processes and systems.
- Demonstrated technical and systems development skills.
- Demonstrated experience in Change Management.
- An existing network within KSA is desirable
- Knowledge of both international and local (UAE) statutory and legislated requirements in governing large projects.
- Knowledge of international asset management best practice, preferably in multiple sectors.
- A respected leader capable of developing close working relationships with the client to ensure the mutual success for all stakeholders and longevity of the contract and beyond.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills at an individual and team level.
- Demonstrable subject matter expertise (and where appropriate accreditation) across the following elements of O&M:
- Maintenance Planning/ Work Control
- Post Maintenance Testing
- Systems Engineering Programming
- Configuration Management
- Fleet Management Procedure Definition
- Asset Registration/ Information Management processes and systems
- CAFM/CMMS criteria, strategy and integration
- Cost Indices
- Life Cycle Planning
- Condition Assessments
- Bachelor of Science / Engineering in engineering discipline from an accredited university. Post-graduate degree preferred
Serco is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities and is committed to ensuring the safety of all of its employees through its Zero Harm initiative.
About the Company
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos.
Serco customers are looking for expertise in managing their people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise economic decision makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver quality services directly to the public.
Serco supplies to governments, government enterprise, agencies and companies who seek a trusted outsourcing partner with a solid track-record of service excellence. Serco people offer operational, logistical and technical expertise in the Transport, Justice and Immigration, Defence, Education and Healthcare industries as well as in the commercial sectors of Facilities Management.
Serco Middle East have been in the Region since 1947, starting out delivering Air Traffic Control Services in Bahrain; a service we are proudly still running today and have expanded to include many other Airports in the region.
We have expanded significantly since that time across the UAE, Saudi Arabia and Qatar. We have been supporting the RTA to operate the Dubai Metro since 2009, are preparing to launch the flagship Saudi Arabia Passenger Rail service from Riyadh to Qassim in 2016. We deliver Facility Management services to both Cleveland Clinic and Healthpoint Hospitals in Abu Dhabi, large-scale medical facilities in Saudi Arabia and a range of educational and commercial properties in the UAE. We also deliver postgraduate education to Officers in the Qatar Armed Forces through the Joaan Bin Jassim Joint Command and Staff College in Doha.
Focusing on our core values, and creating a positive environment for employees to thrive, we look forward to a bright future as we continue to grow with the region.