Job description / Role
Asset Management-Maintenance Manager is responsible for the overall maintenance of the Assets including fixes and mobile ones such as machines, cranes, forklifts and others.
To preserve the function of our physical assets throughout their life period to the satisfaction of international standards through continued process improvement, selecting and applying the most cost-effective techniques along with proactively preventing and managing failures and their consequences”
“The Result of Maintenance work is process reliability, together, the result is production reliability”
• Develop asset management policies, strategies, plans and procedures as per ISO55001
• To implement ISO 55001:2014 system in the department
• Ensure all related work activities in your assigned zone are done safely and environmentally friendly with zero tolerance
• Monitor and manage assets maintenance according to ISO55001, ensuring that best in class returns are achieved
• Budget, assess, schedule, and coordinate capital improvement and/or maintenance requirements
• Develop and implement plans for major programmatic or structural changes for assigned assets that are underperforming, including disposition, and major upgrades
• Coordinate and ensure completion of annual compliance reports, contracts and related documentation
• Stop the non-conformance incident occurring in asset, asset management and asset management system
• Take disposal action on the non-conforming assets
• Monthly review of operating and financial statements
• Understand context of the organization and identify related risk and opportunities in the department
• Frequently review your assigned zones’ Assets Register in the EAM (IFS) System and ensure it is complete and equipped with all the necessary technical details
• Apply best practices in overseeing efficient, cost-effective and flexible maintenance activities within established budgets.
• Carry out root cause failure analysis and take corrective and preventive actions identified based on analysis
• Ensure all new Assets are acquired according to company procedures then ensure their registration in the EAM System along with all associated requirements for allocation, maintenance and performance evaluation.
• Gathering of data for the preparation of your assigned zone operational budgets and capex forecasts (Current & Future).
• As per the approved process, frequently participate in the review of your assigned zones’ assets’ criticality assessment and make sure it is updated
• Frequently, review the maintenance strategies and ensure their adequacy
• Manage your assigned zones work order execution safely and efficiently
• Manage spare parts and consumables inventory
• Manage tools and equipment inventory
• Monitor your business related KPIs and take timely action to meet their targets
• Manage your unit staff, including allocation of duties, competency training, performance evaluation and leave roster and absence.
• Work closely with HSES Department for potential hazards, to provide a safe working environment, for all employees.
• As per ISO55001, prepare Business Case Studies including risk and decision-making matrix for acquisition of new assets
• Review assets leasing incentives and comparable units to maintain a continued awareness of market trends
• Review and adjust outsourcing strategies
• Monitor, document and report subcontractors’ performance
• Develop the manpower Training Needs Analysis and Individual Developmental Plans
• Evaluate the manpower annual performance
• BS degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or equivalent
• Minimum fifteen (15) years of practical experience in Asset Management
• People Management experience a minimum of seven (7) years
• Must have the IAM Certificate of Asset Management Assessor (CAMA)
• Must have working knowledge of OSHA standards and practices
• The IAM Diploma Certificate is a plus
• ISO31000 Lead Certificate is a plus
• IFS practical experience is a plus
• Excellent English Skills
• Excellent Computer Skills
Competency Area/Critical focus
• Accountability and initiative taken for managing, maintaining and improving the IMI’s health, safety and environmental performance.
Commitment to Quality
• Ensure continual process improvement alongside an ethos that is committed to ensuring that performance expectations of all assets are continually met.
Planning & Organising
• Apt at implementing maintenance plans, budgets etc.
• Communication To be clear and decisive
• Dynamic decision making when and as required Leadership
• Ability to effectively communicate strategic direction through sound logical, commercial and technical reasoning, with all functional areas in the organization.
• Promote a “can-do” team spirit creating a culture of high standards, work ethic and job satisfaction within the department
• Experienced in developing, implementing and sustaining new business directions/functions with appropriate commercial and technical acumen.
About the Company
Our aim is to provide our clients and candidates with a consistent, quality service that goes beyond the norm, giving them peace of mind and complete trust in our ability to meet their needs.
Big Fish consultants specialise in their fields and have extensive experience in the region and beyond. We take pride in our knowledge and network and believe that our relationships are built on trust and integrity and are made for the long term.
At Big Fish, as well as caring for the people we work with, we also care about the world and environment we live in, that's why Big Fish support initiatives that promote human welfare, environmental protection and sustainability.
General Manager - Operations & Maintenance
The Gulf Recruitment Group
Facilities Management Operations Manager
Big Fish Recruitment
Operations & Maintenance/Facility Manager (O&M/FM) - Electrical
Workshop Manager - Plant/Machinery