Job description / Role
We are hiring for the #1 ranked hospital in The Middle East. Our client Hospital is a 985 bedded Magnet Accredited Tertiary referral Hospital. They are currently opening a further 300 beds on a phased basis.
Contact us today for an information and application pack. We will guide you through the recruitment and relocation process.
Position Title: Assistant Consultant Critical Care
Speciallity: Cardiac Critical Care
* Assists in providing medical care in the field of Cardiac Critical Care and supervises interns and residents, in accordance with current medical staff bylaws, rules and regulations and the hospital's policies and procedures.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties:
* Assists the Consultants in providing required patient care and management in the field of Cardiac
* Critical Care, in accordance with standards of medical care laid down by KFSH&RC.
* Complies with all hospital standards and policies pertaining to acceptance, eligibility, admission processes, consultation, daily patient care and patient discharge.
* Registers detailed medical history, conducts a thorough physical examination and creates a plan for patient management and follow-up for discussion with the consultant. Subsequently, records the consultant's orders, progress notes and other required documents for inpatients and outpatients.
* Ensures appropriate patient preparation for procedures. Assists the Consultant in performing procedures or performs the procedures independently, as indicated in the signed clinical privilege form.
* Provides on-call coverage for their specialty on a rotational basis during evenings, nights, weekends and public holidays
* Prepares for and participates in consultant and specialist ward rounds as per policy. Documents findings in medical records.
* Follows-up on investigation results for inpatients and assists the Consultant in modifying treatment accordingly.
* Attends assigned shift as per department schedule.
* Implements Clinical Pathways/ Guidelines for the department.
* Performs any other clinical responsibilities, as assigned.
* Provides orientation, bedside training and supervision to interns, residents and fellows as assigned
* Keeps abreast of all the latest techniques and developments, especially in field of Cardiac Critical Care. Implements them on a selective basis to improve technical standards.
* Actively participates in the educational activities and training programs of the department.
* Participates in national and international medical conferences.
* Participates in clinical, basic and translational research and publishes papers in accordance with Research Advisory Council Policy in order to advance knowledge, improve the quality of post graduate education and contribute to the national and international recognition of KFSH&RC.
* Undertakes the administrative duties assigned by Head of Section or Chairman of the department.
* Participates in all mandatory departmental activities.
* Assists the department in the development and implementation of techniques and practices that help maximize the utilization of all resources within the department and across the hospital.
* Abides by the current hospital and medical staff bylaws, all relevant rules, regulations and policies and keeps self updated of any changes that might occur.
* Performs any other related duties, as assigned.
* Generous tax-free income.
* Lucrative benefits package to include free fully furnished accommodation, free healthcare, free flights and 54 days paid leave per year.
* Other benefits +++
* Graduation from an accredited medical school in good standing and completion of sub specialty training from a recognized training program.
* Minimum of three (3) year's experience in the sub specialty.
About the Company
Professional Connections International Healthcare Recruitment Agency
Professional Connections, often referred to as Profco, is an international healthcare recruitment specialist. Profco is working to help placing credentialed nurses, doctors and allied health professionals in exciting opportunities with leading hospitals around the world. International assignments are a great way for nurses and other healthcare professionals to broaden their experience and to see how healthcare is delivered in other countries, while at the same time enhancing their career prospects as they gain experience in different parts of the world.