Job description / Role
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 5,000 people across five global hubs in Europe, Middle East North Africa and India, North America, Asia Pacific and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Be a part of our international consultancy business that spans our five global hubs, where we oversee work for world leading organisations across the public and private sectors.
Our Middle East and North Africa hub started in 1998 and has successfully operated in a wide range of countries, delivering project and programme management and cost consultancy services.
We are looking for an assistant finance manager to manage all financial transactions, from fixed payments and variable expenses to bank deposits and budgets.
The responsibilities include auditing financial documents and procedures, reconciling bank statements and calculating tax payments and returns. To be successful in this role, you should have previous experience with bookkeeping and a flair for spotting numerical mistakes.
Ultimately, you will provide us with accurate quantitative information on financial position, liquidity and cash flows of our business, while ensuring we’re compliant with all tax regulations.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Preparing the monthly, quarterly and yearly submission - working with the central finance team to ensure that all deadlines are met and variances to budget/latest forecast are explained and understood.
• Reviewing the monthly project forecasting, manage recoverable expenses and various reconciliations.
• Managing all accounting transactions, local insurances and bank guarantees.
• Preparing the yearly budget and monthly forecasts.
• Reconciling of accounts payable and receivable.
• Ensuring timely bank payments.
• Preparing the weekly bank reconciliation and cash flow report per entity.
• Reviewing the payroll computation and working with the central HR team.
• Processing payroll payments as per local law and WPS requirement.
• Computing the taxes and prepare tax returns.
• Being familiar with local tax (VAT, WHT and corporation tax) and liaise with tax agent as and when required.
• Managing balance sheets and profit/loss statements.
• Reporting on the company’s financial health and liquidity.
• Reinforcing financial data confidentiality and conduct database backups when necessary.
• Complying with financial policies and regulations.
• Providing the audit requirements during interim and year-end financial audit.
• Supporting the bid submission for finance related matters.
• Performing such other accounting and finance related functions that may be assigned from time to time.
• With a bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or relevant degree.
• With additional certification (CA) is beneficial.
• Previous working experience in a similar role.
• Experience with general ledger functions.
• Excellent knowledge of accounting regulations and procedures, including the IFRS.
• Advanced MS Excel skills including Vlookups and pivot tables.
• Strong attention to detail and good analytical skills.
Rewards and recognition
With Mace you will deepen your knowledge and skills, work with inspiring colleagues, influential clients and get to see the world.
We invest in our people and provide a strong benefits package that includes a competitive salary, private medical insurance, 1 volunteer day a year and other location-specific allowances.
“Mace is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our people to excel.”
About the Company
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 6,000 people across five global hubs in Europe, Middle East North Africa and India, North America, Asia Pacific and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Four simple values guide our behaviour in our pursuit of a better way; Safety first - going home safe and well, Client focus - deliver on our promise, Create opportunity - for our people to excel, Integrity - always doing the right thing. We aim to attract the best and brightest people, whatever their background, to bring new perspectives to some of the most complex and inspiring projects around the world.
We support our people who are aiming to achieve an academic or professional qualification that will help them develop personally and deliver to the highest standard for our clients. At Mace you can deepen your knowledge, expand your skills and define your own path.
Big Fish Recruitment
Regional Finance Controller
|Abu Dhabi||16 Mar|
|Abu Dhabi||6 Mar|