Job description / Role
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, exceptional service and flavours are the hallmarks of every dining experience. We invite you to develop your leadership strengths as Assistant Food & Beverage Manager - and let your passion for guest service drive consistent guest satisfaction, an engaged team and outstanding operating results.
What you will be doing:
As an assistant-manager, this role strives to continually improve guest and colleague satisfaction and maximize the financial performance in F&B Division overall.
Assist in managing all F&B outlets/banquet operations and colleagues on a daily basis. Works with the food and beverage/culinary management team and colleagues to successfully execute all operations. Strives to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction and maximize the financial performance in areas of responsibility.
- The ability execute goals and strategies.
- Assist in scheduling using hotels tools and guidelines.
- Assist with initial and continual training of all new and current food and beverage service employees, conducting training classes for both management and hourly staff on a regular basis.
- The ability to control standards, performance, employees' conduct, dress code, appearance, sanitation, etc. according to established policies.
- The ability to formulate and recommend changes to improve employees' performance and teamwork.
- The ability to review colleague performance on an annual basis.
- Train and ensure that all employees have the appropriate F&B knowledge in each department.
- The ability to work in co-operation with the Chef and Sous- Chefs to ensure quality of products and guests satisfaction.
- The ability to participate in Department Food and Beverage meetings.
- The ability to review log emails produced by departmental managers on a daily basis.
- Knowledge of P.O.S. system of hotel.
- The ability to keep the waste factor in the hotel at a minimum level.
- The ability to maintain inventories and par stocks.
- The ability to maintain all equipment in perfect working condition. Reports any deficiency to the proper department.
- Financial knowledge must have working knowledge of Profit and Loss statement.
- Awareness of budget and control expenses.
- The ability to handle all guest complaints in the food and beverage area and is in charge of obtaining maximum results in the utilization and appearance of the food and beverage areas, the quality levels, performance and standards of service and develops new techniques of service towards maximum guest satisfaction at minimum operating costs.
- The ability to develop and maintain effective communications between all operating departments.
- The ability to complete accident reports accurately and promptly.
- The ability to converse with upper management on a regular basis.
- The ability to respond properly in any hotel emergency or safety situation.
- The ability to perform other tasks or projects as assigned by hotel management .
Your experience and skills include:
- Previous Food and Beverage leadership experience required
- Previous point of sale system experience required
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications required
- University/College degree in a related discipline preferred
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
RTC-1 Employment Services
Assistant Restaurant Manager
Restaurant Manager - Trendsetter
Front Office Receptionist
Food & Beverage Supervisor