Assistant Food & Beverage Manager
Mecca, Saudi Arabia
Job description / Role
Are you a passionate foodie who is not afraid of thinking outside the box? Then, we have the job for you in Movenpick Makkah! As a Assistant Food & Beverage Manager, you will strategically lead the team to take guest satisfaction to the next level.
What is in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies and the opportunity to earn qualifications while you work
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference in the local community through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
- Present an enchanting, professional and attractive image to further the overall theme of the property.
- Greet all Guests promptly and with a friendly and upbeat attitude.
- Follows company standards of hospitality by making eye contact with every guest, smiling and offering a warm and friendly greeting.
- Be a brand advocate by providing Guests with accurate information regarding our venues, menus, pricing and future events.
- Respond to Guest inquiries and requests in a courteous and polite manner.
- Anticipate Guest needs and get to know all members by name.
- Assists in recruiting, interviewing, hiring, training and evaluating staff members Ensure that all guest and member preferences are documented in Open Table.
- Continually strive to develop the staff including Assistant Outlet Managers in all areas of managerial and professional development.
- Assists with the recruitment and training of staff (training, developing, testing and coaching)
- Assist in creating sales goals.
- Build and promote teamwork through proactive interaction
- Utilize time management and exhibit excellent follow up skills
- Accommodate and anticipate guest needs.
- Control cash and other receipts
- Ensure all equipment is kept clean and in excellent condition through personal inspection and by following the hotel's preventative maintenance programs
- Assist in conduct conflict resolution and corrective actions and coaching of staff.
- Fully understand and comply with all regulations that pertain to health, safety and labor requirements.
- Support sponsorship and partners in promotions of special events and product marketing.
- Manages and monitors product quality and guest satisfaction in restaurant.
- Responsible for ensuring that food quality is consistent, appealing, and prepared to guest specifications.
- Moves throughout facility and kitchen areas to visually monitor and take corrective action to ensure food quality and service standards are met.
- Verifies temperatures, judge appearance and taste of products, and checks preparation methods to determine quality.
- Provides guidance for improvement and implements necessary adjustments. Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on quality of service and food in outlet.
- Investigates and resolves guest complaints in a timely manner.
- Documents inventory forecast usage and monitors supply so that outlets are stocked with linen, glassware, silverware, china, condiments and other items necessary to provide appropriate customer service. Oversees set up of dining and service areas.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.