Job description / Role
This is an exciting opportunity to work for an international professional services firm as an Assistant. You will provide high quality support to the managers ensuring their case team processes and day-to-day lives run smoothly.
• To provide administrative support to Associate Partners & Senior Managers, and where necessary, additional administrative support to their teams.
• Manager assistance
• Case team co-ordination
• Other ad hoc secretaries duties
Key Responsibilities and Activities:
• Successfully manage busy and ever evolving diaries, proactively managing when schedules change.
• Re-scheduling complex meeting and travel itineraries often at short notice.
• Extensive internal and external meeting scheduling; building and maintaining strong working relationships with key client contacts.
• Working with our travel company to co-ordinate sophisticated travel itineraries and administering the timely procurement of visas and other travel documentation.
• Proactively pre-empting travel plans.
• Proactively assist managers in relationship building efforts by knowing who their priority contacts and companies are and setting up regular check-ins to create and maintain a relationship management plan for these priorities
• Employ best practices when accessing the CRM and digital mailing system, including timely and accurate creation/updating of contact information, according to global data standards and active management of manager mailing lists
• Serves as CRM champion, educating managers on best practices, assisting newer MAs and providing feedback to Local CRM Administrator (LCA)
• Providing logistical and technical support for all meetings, conferences and workshops, using PowerPoint, Word, Excel and online research.
• Processing time and expense submissions.
• Managing complex expenses; running bank statement reconciliation and processing foreign currency receipts in an accurate and timely manner.
• Extensive liaison within the office with other managers, Assistants, EAs and all other departments
• All case team administration, including contact management and meeting scheduling
• Attendance at case team ‘kick-off’ meetings, and where appropriate, other case team meetings during the case
• Organising case team events, sourcing venues and activities
• Provide graphics support: creation of basic presentations and amending existing presentations
• Provide support and cover for other EAs/MAs
• Involvement in internal office-wide projects
• Reception coverage as needed and assigned
• This role will suit an intelligent and ambitious individual. It should be seen as an opportunity to develop your skills in a dynamic, entrepreneurial professional environment.
• The role will provide many learning opportunities for a hardworking team player that is motivated by consistently achieving high standards.
• Exceptional organisation, prioritisation and time management skills
• “Can do!” mentality, willingness to get involved in a variety of projects and activities
• Flexible attitude and team approach
• Efficient and accurate
• Excellent communication and listening skills
• Enthusiastic, dedicated, hardworking and committed
• A desire to learn and develop
• Pleasant, calm and diplomatic, even when under pressure
• Good sense of humour, outgoing and fun to work with
• An interest in the substance and commercial impact of Bain’s work
• 100% commitment to the role and the company
• Computer literate; proficient in using Microsoft Outlook, Word and Internet
• Experience of working in a demanding environment, preferably professional services
• At least two years administrative experience which must have involved supporting multiple people within an administrative capacity
• High level of written and spoken English
• Knowledge and understanding of PowerPoint and Excel
• Other interests which would bring benefit to the company as a whole
• Arabic speaking, reading and writing (ability to write professional letters in Arabic)
• 9am-6pm Sunday to Thursday although a reasonable amount of flexibility is required.
About the Company
MENA Recruit is a boutique Executive Search and Recruitment firm focused on meeting recruitment needs from Business Services through to Partner and General Counsel level within the legal sector. This extends to in-house and private practice in multiple industries covering the United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Oman, Kuwait and Egypt along with a select group of tier one international firms in Australia.
With over 20 years’ recruitment experience in London and Dubai, we have developed strong international ties in the UK, USA and APAC and have an extensive local Middle East network to draw from. We are committed to providing a bespoke service to clients and candidates.